Your valuable input on my site

ash25

Hi everyone, I would love to get some of your insite on my website. The things I want it to convay; professional, easy to manuver, focused on weddings, events and layouts, I'm worth the money I'm asking for.

All input is welcome.

www.1crazynite.com

scriptaculous makes life easy for that kinda stuff, and it just needs to be a little bit more obvious what it is... i would make the slideshow smaller and have some text on the front page that explains what it is. Also the banner text is to close to the top and hard to read. overall id say the site looks pretty good though, i wouldnt bother changing it from flash to javascript. its fine like that.

I'd include a pre-loader / "loading" image at least, all I saw for about 10 seconds was a mainly blank black screen. The whole site feels very sluggish to be honest, though I'm on a not-so-great internet connection right now. As others have mentioned it's not obvious what your site is about, the name doesn't give much a way either. The "contact & info" page is just a giant image, this is really bad for SEO as the search engines can't read the text and as a result you loose out on a lot of keywords. I'd also attempt to add your own headers to the blog, as opposed to using an iframe; the scrollbar (especially on a dark colour scheme) just doesn't look professional.

Home page:

- Give the user the control to pause the image rotation or go back-, forward

Weddings page:

- Don't just sum up all albums (users hate to click alot) just start showcasing your latest wedding photos and give them the option to select a different album from a list like you did on your travels page and nightlife which has more appealing (keep #1 in mind)

Layouts page:

- Same as #2

- If a gallery is locked leave them out

Travels page:

- Nothing

Nightlife page:

- Nothing

Events page:

- Same as #2

Blog:

- Integrate your blog don't include it using an iframe which is ugly

Contact & Info:

- Write the text out don't just put an image in there. Search engines can't read images nor can the speech synthesizers of visually impaired users and as far as I know they wed too.

- Your HTML contains errors (<- severe)

- So is your CSS (<- severe)

I'd include a pre-loader / "loading" image at least, all I saw for about 10 seconds was a mainly blank black screen. The whole site feels very sluggish to be honest, though I'm on a not-so-great internet connection right now. As others have mentioned it's not obvious what your site is about, the name doesn't give much a way either. The "contact & info" page is just a giant image, this is really bad for SEO as the search engines can't read the text and as a result you loose out on a lot of keywords. I'd also attempt to add your own headers to the blog, as opposed to using an iframe; the scrollbar (especially on a dark colour scheme) just doesn't look professional.

I do have a 30mb connection so i may not have noticed the load time, you are probly right on this one about the loading.

It looks like you used like a generator or something to create the slideshow?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.