Help with MachForm errors

tinkertron

I just bought a PHP form maker by appnitro.com MachForm. When viewing form on my server I get alot of error messages as soon below.

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\machform\includes\view-functions.php on line 1561

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\machform\includes\view-functions.php on line 1643

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\machform\includes\view-functions.php on line 1654

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\machform\includes\view-functions.php on line 1704

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\machform\includes\view-functions.php on line 1892

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\machform\includes\view-functions.php on line 1975

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\machform\includes\view-functions.php on line 1986

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\machform\includes\view-functions.php on line 2042

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\machform\includes\view-functions.php on line 2212

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\machform\includes\view-functions.php on line 2272

I was told to make changes in my php.ini.

To fix this, you'll need to modify your php.ini file.

Search a line which contain this variable: error_reporting

Change it to become like this:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED

Save it and then restart your XAMP server.

The error message should be gone now.

But after doing this over and over I still get the same messages. Could my php.ini be corrupt?

I believe that this is the only php.ini file on my system, cause I did a whole search on my system for php.ini and my system shows the php.ini in C:\xampp\php folder...

I don't not understand this statement

What does a phpinfo(); statement show for the Loaded Configuration File?

I think i might have found what you are looking for:

PHP Version 5.3.1

System  Windows NT SPARKY 5.1 build 2600 (Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3) i586 

Build Date  Nov 20 2009 17:20:57 

Compiler  MSVC6 (Visual C++ 6.0) 

Architecture  x86 

Configure Command  cscript /nologo configure.js "--enable-snapshot-build" 

Server API  Apache 2.0 Handler 

Virtual Directory Support  enabled 

Configuration File (php.ini) Path  no value 

Loaded Configuration File  C:\xampp\php\php.ini 

Scan this dir for additional .ini files  (none) 

Additional .ini files parsed  (none) 

PHP API  20090626 

PHP Extension  20090626 

Zend Extension  220090626 

Zend Extension Build  API220090626,TS,VC6 

PHP Extension Build  API20090626,TS,VC6 

Debug Build  no 

Thread Safety  enabled 

Zend Memory Manager  enabled 

Zend Multibyte Support  disabled 

IPv6 Support  enabled 

Registered PHP Streams  https, ftps, php, file, glob, data, http, ftp, compress.zlib, compress.bzip2, phar, zip 

Registered Stream Socket Transports  tcp, udp, ssl, sslv3, sslv2, tls 

Registered Stream Filters  convert.iconv.*, string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed, dechunk, zlib.*, bzip2.* 

You apparently arrived at that output using the command line interpreter (CLI.) The php.ini that the CLI uses is not necessarily the same one that the web server/php uses. You would need to put the phpinof(); statement into a file that is invoked via the web server in order to find the Loaded Configuration File that is being used.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.