PHP Application Form help

RSprinkel

Hi all,

I am having a major issue with one of my application forms I have on my racing league site.

Seems it is being hit by bots or something cause I get an email with the details and in all the fields where the member info is supposed to be is full of links to junk and trash sites.  Is there any way to put a stop to this without having to go through passwording the directory?

The odd thing about this is, is I actually have 2 join forms on my site and this is the ONLY one getting hit like this.  The other one is in another directory.

Thanks very much for your time in Advance.

RSprinkel

Liam,

THanks for your prompt reply.  I do like the utility but I have an issue using that.

First I am in no way a PHP expert and my problem is this.  I have a join.php form which is actually just an html form and when the user clicks the submit button it calls another php script that actually process's the information which does all the error checks and stuff then places the info into a database, so I am not totally sure as to what php script to place this in.

Again thank you for your reply.

Ron

cant you just change the plain html page to .php? wouldnt be too hard.. or is the php on seperate server? if so then im really not sure except from possibly logging IP addresses and then u will see the common one straight away.. or seta  cookie on the html page with java m,aby then check on the php page?

Liam

well the form is actually labeled as .php but there is no <?php ?> brackets in the form.  Actually the form was designed for me for another type of site and I just modified the contents to fit this site.  Once the form is completed it posts in a form called process_app.php which does all the error checking and stuff.

I wish I knew how to convert both forms into one which would simplify the matter, but unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to do so and I wouldn't even know where to start.

Again Thanks for the reply.

1 way could be in first page join_form.php at the top add

<?php
start_session();
$_SESSION['formjoin']='yes';
?>

and then in process_app.php you can change

also add start_session(); to the top of process_app.php

[code]if((!$fname) || (!$lname) || (!$address) || (!$city) || (!$state) || (!$zip) || (!$country) || (!$email) || (!$age) || (!$rules) || (!$answer) || (!$username) || (!$password)){
[/code]

to

[code]if((!$fname) || (!$lname) || (!$address) || (!$city) || (!$state) || (!$zip) || (!$country) || (!$email) || (!$age) || (!$rules) || (!$answer) || (!$username) || (!$password) || ($_SESSION['formjoin'] !== 'yes')){
    echo 'You did not submit the following required information! <br />';
    if($_SESSION['formjoin'] !== 'yes'){
        echo "Please sign up from our page.<br />";
    }
[/code]
then right at the bottom of the page put $_SESSION['formjoin']='no';

I think that should do the trick for you mate :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.