Windows 7 God Mode

seventheyejosh

This has been prevalent in all operating systems over NT Kernel 5.2R-1. Most of these 'hacks' are simple registry tweeks, and old as well, have you downloaded a 'stripped' version of XP before? They include a plethora of useful shortcuts.

The 'godmode' string is stupid, Appending a GUID (the list of registry tweeks) to any string will do the same, it can be 'shell:::{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}' for example.

XP denies it's an NTFS stream ftr.

the op link is broken but you can find it easy enough by going to the site and searching for it.

btw, I have vista 64 and I confirmed the "rumor" that it crashes explorer.exe  if you try it.  Problem is, it KEEPS crashing it, every time explorer.exe tries to restart.  If you are like me and just had to scratch that itch, to fix it, restart windows in safe mode with command prompt, navigate to your desktop folder in DOS, and remove the directory.

the op link is broken but you can find it easy enough by going to the site and searching for it.

btw, I have vista 64 and I confirmed the "rumor" that it crashes explorer.exe  if you try it.  Problem is, it KEEPS crashing it, every time explorer.exe tries to restart.  If you are like me and just had to scratch that itch, to fix it, restart windows in safe mode with command prompt, navigate to your desktop folder in DOS, and remove the directory.

It's an error with the GUID directive in Vista, they were implementing it in experiment and ditched it after a milestone release. And by DOS you mean Windows Command Prompt? 

EDIT: OP link is broken because the original poster of the external site decided to use smart quotes in the url/title. What a perfect example of....

It's an error with the GUID directive in Vista, they were implementing it in experiment and ditched it after a milestone release. And by DOS you mean Windows Command Prompt? 

Whatever.  Back in my day we called it DOS.  I understand it has evolved since then but...meh, can't teach an old dog new tricks such and all.

Whatever.  Back in my day we called it DOS.  I understand it has evolved since then but...meh, can't teach an old dog new tricks such and all.

Just to remember 'Diskpart Operating System'  .. It really is/was the core of Windows, I suppose calling it what it was in its , er, prime *cough*. Makes me want to telnet some sites for fun. -pulls out lynx-

Just to remember 'Diskpart Operating System'  .. It really is/was the core of Windows, I suppose calling it what it was in its , er, prime *cough*. Makes me want to telnet some sites for fun. -pulls out lynx-

Was being the operative word. MS-DOS hasn't been a part of windows since before NT. But, we've already had this conversation.

Was being the operative word. MS-DOS hasn't been a part of windows since before NT. But, we've already had this conversation.

Not was, What do you think the 3.1/95/98/ME/NT/XP/Vista boot installer is based on? DOS. It's not part of the NT kernel anymore but it's sure fortunate that they continued a fair base of consistency with their command line parser. Just like W7 is including 'Windows PowerShell' by default, just another step of co-existing with the 'command line interface.'

It's obvious the difference, as 3.1/95 was only but a graphical shell, that you had to actually start by typing 'win' in dos.

As I said, this discussion has been had. Search the board (or any MS_DOS resource for that matter) to get the real faqs of the matter.

I'm / were not going through this argument again. ;)

You don't like being wrong?

Hey I still telnet to nethack, best game EVAR! Been playing various incarnations of it for like 25 years now.

On your site there was a static game of it? Reminded me and I managed to stumble onto that site and played a good 3-4 hours before expiring.

You don't like being wrong?

No, one likes being wrong. But I hate repeating facts to people who don't / won't research.

All the NT manual, startup screen of boot install of 6 operating systems, and Microsoft KB state MS-DOS is used to initiate the startup of the installer, why couldn't you get that? You're just spewing out that I'm wrong when you are yourself?

I was never talking about the OS in charge of the install process (and actually missed that part of your post). I'm talking about the actual installed windows. It has had no part of DOS included with it since prior to NT.

This is a pretty nifty trick, don't know why I've never seen it before.  I also wonder why this type of control panel isn't implemented by default rather than having the maze of settings... most of them renamed from previous versions of Windows.  I could understand it not being default for Basic users, but it could at least be implemented upon click of something similar to the "Classic View" that Control Panel used to have.

Sorry, but I am a bit of a newb when it comes to computer stuff, you know, once you get past basic networking, PHP, a few configurations, installing some hardware. Basically, I'm a newb to the advanced computer stuff. I only got into computers about 5 years ago, when I was 13. So what is Telnet?

All the NT manual, startup screen of boot install of 6 operating systems, and Microsoft KB state MS-DOS is used to initiate the startup of the installer, why couldn't you get that? You're just spewing out that I'm wrong when you are yourself?

That's a KB article for Windows XP, which is two major versions behind. Does that mean that PHP 3 is the same thing as PHP 5?

Try plugging in a Vista or Win7 disk in your computer and compare it with what you see when you plug in an XP disk. No DOS.

The KB-article is called "How to start the Setup program from MS-DOS in Windows XP". How come I can't find one that says "How to start the Setup program from MS-DOS in Windows 7" if Windows 7 also includes MS-DOS?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.