I'm a bit stuck, someone help please

Right first of all i'm new to php and i know that this is simple, but i just can't figure it out...

1st, I set up a php site that on the first page it has a textbox, lets say its name is text1...

I set up the sql so that the value of text1 was a criteria to serch for in the title record of the database...

Now the 1st page of results are correct but the next are wrong because the value of text1 is gone...

i've tried this:

echo "<input type='hidden' name='hiddenField' value = '";

echo $_REQUEST['festname'];

echo "'>";

and this:

echo "<input type='hidden' name='hiddenField' value = '";

echo $festname;

echo "'>";

will someone help me please, i will be very grateful....

• 2 weeks later...

You need to include more details. If you are going to detail pages then you must pass the result parameter to it.

If you are creating a results page then when you create the recordset, it the wizard you must use the listmenus for

'filter' = your column name,

'=' equals

'form_element'

your form element name , and then use the sot menus. There is also a walkthrough if you press F! and get the manual. Hope this will help you.

From the somewhat vague information given, sounds like you could need to employ a small session system. Read up there and tell us if that will serve your needs. Basically, you can carry the data and values of your variables out over multiple pages.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.