Undefined index error: Trying to pass variable to another page

abitlikehomer

Huh.... I didn't actually notice you already had a random number appended to the url.

Not sure where to go from here really. The code in question could not possibly produce the output firebug is saying.

No me neither lol, not that that counts for much. It is obviously picking up the old code from somewhere but they are completely separate files with different links so I have no idea why it is doing this.

Thank you for all your help anyway though :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FOUND IT!!! Look in the selectNewsTest.js page. The variable to pass the URL - it is still set to the old link selectNews.js.

I have changed it now and it is almost working. It throws up one error message though:

Notice: Undefined index: NewsID in /customers/2asmooth.com/2asmooth.com/httpd.www/Kingfisher_Trust/getNewsTest.php on line 9

The undefined index is easy fixed.

<?php
include "connection.php";
if (isset($_GET['NewsID'])) {
  $NewsID = mysql_real_escape_string($_GET['NewsID']);
  $query = "SELECT Title, `Date`, Content FROM News WHERE NewsID = $NewsID LIMIT 1"; 
  if ($result = mysql_query($query)) { 
    if (mysql_num_rows($result)) {
      $row = mysql_fetch_array($result); 
      echo $NewsID . '||' . htmlentities($row['Title']) . '||' . htmlentities($row['Date']) . '||' . htmlentities($row['Content']);
    }
  }
}
?>

Sorry, but I have never seen any code that points to editReciept.php

Sorry - that is part of the code when the second form is called. However I have corrected the mistake now and everything works!

Thorpe I cannot thank you enough for all the help and support you've given me the last couple of days - you're a life saver. If your in the UK and ever up north I owe you many a pint!! Thanks :D

I can finally mark this as closed! YAY!!!!!!!!!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.