Can a Forum be made with PHP?

Greaser9780

hi,
4 months earlier, I was in the same position as you. I decided to start a new website based on php (by learning php) and also I, just like you, wanted a forum. With my experience, I advice you to use a prebuilt forum, as RADAR said, in your website. I used miniBB forum. You can get many such prebuilt forum free in internet. The problem with such forum that, its hard to apply your website design template to the forum page. But don't worry, as you will be master of php, you can understand the code of those forums and will be able to start urs. And believe me, it'll not take long.

How difficult would it be for me to transfer my site to a different host. As far as retaining the same DB files. Would it take me an entire evening to move everything.

I already successfully downloaded and uploaded phpBB into my site and it works fine when my host is cooperating. I couldn't find your post on registering at both my site and my forum after searching for about 30 minutes.

[code]
<?php

<br>
<table cellpadding=5><tr valign=top class=mes><td align=center>
<fieldset>
<legend style="color: #ffffff; font-family: verdana; font-size: 10pt;"> <b>Forum Setup</b>&nbsp;</legend>
<table width="300" class=mes><tr><td align=center>

<?
if ($mode==''){

//// EDIT THIS LINE ////

$table_prefix = 'phpbb_'; // your phpBB table_prefix (check your phpBB config.php after installation)
////////////////////////

$phpBB_table = 'users';
$tmp=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM ".C_MYSQL_MEMBERS." WHERE status = '7'");
while($phpBB=mysql_fetch_array($tmp)) {
$phpBB_id = ($phpBB['id']);
$phpBB_n = ($phpBB['fname']);
$phpBB_p = md5($phpBB['password']); // use md5 encryption
$phpBB_e = ($phpBB['email']);
$phpBB_reg = ($phpBB['regdate']);
$sql = "INSERT INTO ".$table_prefix.$phpBB_table." (user_id, username, user_level, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_icq, user_website, user_occ, user_from, user_interests, user_sig, user_viewemail, user_style, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_posts, user_attachsig, user_allowsmile, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allow_pm, user_notify_pm, user_allow_viewonline, user_rank, user_avatar, user_lang, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_actkey, user_newpasswd, user_notify, user_active) VALUES ( '$phpBB_id', '$phpBB_n', 0, '$phpBB_reg', '$phpBB_p', '$phpBB_e', '', '', '', '', '', '', 0, NULL, '', '', '', 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, NULL, '', '', 0, '', '', '', 0, 1)";mysql_query($sql) or die(mysql_error());
}}
echo "Your AzDG members have been added to your phpBB users table.<br><br>";
echo "If you are logged in to the AzDG script,<br><a href=phpBB_setup.php?mode=test_login class=menu>click here</a> to test the forum login.";
if ($mode!=''){
$tmp=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM ".C_MYSQL_MEMBERS." WHERE id= '".$_SESSION["m"]."' LIMIT 1");
while($phpBB=mysql_fetch_array($tmp)) {
$phpBB_n = ($phpBB['fname']);
$phpBB_p = ($phpBB['password']);

//// EDIT THIS LINE ////
echo "<form action=\"http://url.com/azdgforum/login.php\" method=\"post\" target=\"_blank\">";
////////////////////////

echo "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"username\" size=\"25\" value=\"$phpBB_n\" maxlength=\"40\">";
echo "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"password\" size=\"25\" value=\"$phpBB_p\" maxlength=\"32\">";
echo "<input type=\"submit\" name=\"login\" value=\"Test Login\">";
echo "</form>";}
}

?>

</td></tr></table>
</fieldset>
<br>
<!-- DO NOT remove my copyright links -->
&copy;Copyright 2005 <a href="http://freesingles.ath.cx" target=_blank class=menu>redarrow™</a>
<br>phpBB Intergration Script
</td></tr></table>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
[/code]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.