Please review the new site I developed

gamestoenjoy

The center content looks overly spacious in comparison to the outer content, which seems completely lost. Add in some margins, give it all room to breathe.

The banner looks amateur - perhaps following a tutorial might allow you to create something a little better, detailed, and/or artistic?

The color scheme really lacks any energy or character. There's nothing unique or rememberable about the whole site to be honest, nothing that would leave an impression.

The URLs really need making "SEO friendly".

The small, un-explained envelope in the right corner opens a very rough looking 'tell a friend' form that has no submit method.

Apart from lists of games there's barely any text. No 'about' text or anything. You're missing out on a good opportunity to add some keyword rich content in for search engines.

The bookmark links in the top left are pointless - if people want to bookmark your page they'll do it exactly how they'd normally do it.

I'm not going to even touch on the fact that it's a table-based layout.

Not trying to be harsh, take it constructively.

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried to design game site that is simple and easy to use,

I don't want my site to be bloated like many game sites I know.

You can make a decent website without a lot of images. CSS allows a lot of really neat stuff. Take a look at my site (http://www.lamezz.com), I am not the best at making websites, but do you notice something? There is a total of 5 images on the index. The background, the logo, the user avatar, the site statistics icon and the newest member icon. I would try making your website more updated using Web 2.0 concepts.

http://www.webdesignfromscratch.com/web-design/web-2.0-design-style-guide.php

Hoped I helped. ;)

i like it...it does look out-dated (like other guy said) but thats mainly because of ur banner and the text you are using e.t.c. - i really like it and i am defently going to use this for school :P - keep it up its a very nice site

I would suggest getting a decent Banner (i culd help out if u add my contacts) and get some decent headers for it and just stuff like that

msn: mowgli2k8@live.com

xfire: mowgli2k7

i like it...it does look out-dated (like other guy said) but thats mainly because of ur banner and the text you are using e.t.c. - i really like it and i am defently going to use this for school :P - keep it up its a very nice site

I would suggest getting a decent Banner (i culd help out if u add my contacts) and get some decent headers for it and just stuff like that

msn: mowgli2k8@live.com

xfire: mowgli2k7

Thanks, I will contact you.

• 10 months later...

I redesigned the site following your comments:

• Created new logo (image and text)
  • Added rss feed
  • Added button for random games refresh
  • Added rounded corners for categories
  • Improved the layout and the colors
  • Added rating system for games
  • Added full screen mode for games

Please give me your feedback following the redesign.

Thank you :D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.