using session variables in Dream weaver

how can i use session variables in dream weaver ?

if any one knows how or have a link for a good tuturial for session variables plz help.

i have set up a page where a user can log in and after they have succesfuly loged in there is a link where they can click on it and it will take them to another page where they can see their full detail and update their detail in data base . any idea how i can do this wiht session variables. i am using dream weaver and php.

thanks in advance .

Click insert>apllication objects>update record form wizard and make and update record form based upon passed parameters for your users table. Save it then use the go to detal page behaviour from the behaviours panel to create a link from your login confimation page. You should pass the password and username parameters from the login form to the update form. The form will echo all the users data into the fields for them to update. Its that easy. It also tells you this in the standard manual which you will find by hitting F1 at any time.

thanks for ur respond but this way its not very safe to pass the users password and user name.

i want to use sessoin varibles that will dire after they close thier web browser.

this way aftery log in and if i pass the password and user word to update page through url variables they can add it to fav and access the loged in page directly.

thanks anyway

any other ideas about SESSION variables

Just register a session from the two form fields and pass them to the next page. If you havent the abillity to hand code the variables or any idea where to insert them in the code get the sephiroth sessions ext for free from the mac site.

can u plz gave me the link for it or more info plz

i couldnt find the site.

:rolleyes:

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.