Audiences experience 'Avatar' blues

nrg_alpha

Oh, this is rich! lolol

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/11/avatar.movie.blues/index.html

James Cameron's completely immersive spectacle "Avatar" may have been a little too real for some fans who say they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of the alien world Pandora.

:facepalm:

must be a good movie.  I watched two people on Conan O'Brien promoting it that weren't even part of the movie.  Ben Stiller being one of them, I figured it was just a joke on the movie, but the movie seems to be getting excessive hype. 

I've yet to jump on the bandwagon.

Oh, it's an excellent movie imo (best movie I've seen in years.. one of my all time favorites for sure). It sits currently at over $1.4 Billion world wide.. so no doubt, it's hyped all right.. but for people to actually contemplate suicide for not being able to live on a place like Pandora (the admittedly georgous jungle-like moon in the film where everything takes place) is a tad rediculous imo.

I can see people leaving the theaters and thinking, 'It would be really cool to experience a place like that for real', but to actually get depressed over it?!? Pfft

It's up to 1.4b?  Wow!

Yeah, apparently its ontrack to becoming the largest grossing film of all time.. Granted, I think a better comparison would be on number of tickets sold as opposed to how much money films rack in (given yearly inflation and even higher ticket prices for '3d' version tickets, the final dollar figures can be misleading). In either case, many people have seen it for sure.. I'm also equally curious in a) what the DVD / Blu-Ray realease sales will be like, and b) the sequel / remainder of the Avatar trilogy films that James Cameron has said was the intention in the event that "God willing, this film makes money in the market").

Should be interesting indeed.

I'm suicidal over Endor.  I want a pet midget in a Teddy Ruxpin suit.

**googles Endor**.. ah, Ewok nation ;) Hehe.. everytime I see an Ewok, I'm reminded of this Spike TV commercial:

The four Spike TV Star Wars commercials bundled together:

**googles Endor**.. ah, Ewok nation ;) Hehe.. everytime I see an Ewok, I'm reminded of this Spike TV commercial:

The four Spike TV Star Wars commercials bundled together:

Please tell me you were joking about having to google Endor? Please oh please oh please! I mean, I never pegged you as one of those people who aren't into Star Wars! Which is crazy! Who wouldn't be into Star Wars! I knew about Endor since I was 7. And I only wish that I was old enough to have seen the first films in movie cinemas! I can only hope that they release it into theatres, so I can see it big screen. I mean, it's Star Wars, the greatest of epic movies ever!

I'm homocidal over a Tanooki suit.

one of those people who aren't into Star Wars! Which is crazy! Who wouldn't be into Star Wars!

I hate Star Wars, then again.. I've never sat down and watched them.  For the sole reason that the entire movie and its sequel's twist have been revealed to the public...ubiquitously.  IOW.. I already know who Darth Vader's son is.

Please tell me you were joking about having to google Endor? Please oh please oh please! I mean, I never pegged you as one of those people who aren't into Star Wars!

Sorry, no joke... its been ages since Ive seen Star Wars, so I don't recall the names of some of these places.

they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of the alien world Pandora.

These people probably never heard of the words: Game, High-End PC, Surround-Sound and Multiple Monitors

Besides Pandora is not to last as such a happy place especially not 200 years after they find the Vault.

Clue: "It's time to get, my pound of flesh"

they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of the alien world Pandora.

These people probably never heard of the words: Game, High-End PC, Surround-Sound and Multiple Monitors

Besides Pandora is not to last as such a happy place especially not 200 years after they find the Vault.

Clue: "It's time to get, my pound of flesh"

Strip the flesh, Salt the wound!

The sequel only needs to be about 15 minutes in length.

Characters:

Bob: Head of Strategic and Military Operations for "The Company"

Bill: High-level executive for "The Company"

Bob:  We were unprepared for the retaliation of the natives on Pandora and they've driven us off the planet.

Bill: ...

Bob:  Fortunately for us, they're not too advanced and all we care about is what's under the ground.  We'll blow the shit outta them from space and go get our unobtanium when the dust settles.

Bill: Get it done.

14 minutes and 30 seconds of awesome, mind-boggling explosions.

Last 15 seconds of the film.  Jake Sully has some how survived the explosions.  He holds his GF's dead, limp body in his arms.  The camera zooms out as he looks towards the sky.

Jake Sully:  God damn yoooooooouuuuuuuuuu!

Needless to say the third film in the trilogy will be like watching a documentary on Auschwitz.

The sequel only needs to be about 15 minutes in length.

Characters:

Bob: Head of Strategic and Military Operations for "The Company"

Bill: High-level executive for "The Company"

Bob:  We were unprepared for the retaliation of the natives on Pandora and they've driven us off the planet.

Bill: ...

Bob:  Fortunately for us, they're not too advanced and all we care about is what's under the ground.  We'll blow the shit outta them from space and go get our unobtanium when the dust settles.

Bill: Get it done.

14 minutes and 30 seconds of awesome, mind-boggling explosions.

Last 15 seconds of the film.  Jake Sully has some how survived the explosions.  He holds his GF's dead, limp body in his arms.  The camera zooms out as he looks towards the sky.

Jake Sully:  God damn yoooooooouuuuuuuuuu!

Needless to say the third film in the trilogy will be like watching a documentary on Auschwitz.

win

Please tell me you were joking about having to google Endor? Please oh please oh please! I mean, I never pegged you as one of those people who aren't into Star Wars! Which is crazy! Who wouldn't be into Star Wars! I knew about Endor since I was 7. And I only wish that I was old enough to have seen the first films in movie cinemas! I can only hope that they release it into theatres, so I can see it big screen. I mean, it's Star Wars, the greatest of epic movies ever!

I remember seeing return of the jedi in theaters when I was a kid.  My dad said he took me to empire strikes back too, but I don't remember that one.

Anyways, you should check around, you're more than likely able to find them playing somewhere in your area, occasionally, or make some kind of request for it.  A lot of movie theaters do like matinees or midnight matinees where they play older movies.  Popular one is rocky horror picture show.  And many theaters allow you to rent out screens for a couple hours for a fairly reasonable price (people do it all the time for meetings or bday parties).  Point is, you don't have to hope for it, you can make it happen for relatively cheap, if you're that intent on it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.