Error trying to write to MySQL

I'm busy trying to do my first php to MySQL project using Dreamweaver MX.

I have a pretty straight forward form, but when I hit the "submit" button, I get the following error:

Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or `T_NUM_STRING' in /home/breforml/public_html/patientSubmissionScript.php on line 14

Now, the code in my INSERT script looks like this:

<?php

//open the connection

$conn = mysql_connect("localhost", "breforml_kevin", "joshcam1");

//pick the database to use

mysql_select_db ("breforml_main", $conn);

//create the sql statment

$sql = "INSERT INTO main values('','$_POST[fName]','$_POST[sName]', '$_POST['patientAge'],

'$_POST', '$_POST[cupSize]', '$_POST[chest]', '$_POST[hTel]', '$_POST[wTel]', '$_POST[cTel]',

'$_POST[financeReq]', $_POST[patientsubscribe]','$_POST[comments]')";

//execute the sql statement

if (mysql_query($sql, $conn)){

echo "Thank you! You have been added to our database and we will contact you shortly.";

} else{

echo "Sorry, but something went wrong with your enquiry. Please go back and ensure that all fields have been completed.";

}

?>

Can anybody help me with this? :(

You've got an error at the $_POST[patientAge] variable. Try this:

$sql = "INSERT INTO main values('','$_POST[fName]','$_POST[sName]', '$_POST[patientAge]', 
'$_POST[eMail]', '$_POST[cupSize]', '$_POST[chest]', '$_POST[hTel]', '$_POST[wTel]', '$_POST[cTel]',
'$_POST[financeReq]', $_POST[patientsubscribe]','$_POST[comments]')";

it's only because you use array in string..... just add {} after the $ for var is array

$sql = "INSERT INTO main values('','${_POST[fName]}','${_POST[sName]}', '${_POST[patientAge]}', '${_POST}', '${_POST[cupSize]}', '${_POST[chest]}', '${_POST[hTel]}', '${_POST[wTel]}', '${_POST[cTel]}','${_POST[financeReq]}', ${_POST[patientsubscribe]}','${_POST[comments]}')";

cocazoulou

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.