Feedback and suggestions

Short-URL

Im not sure how your implementation is but I got ->
Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: File exists in /home/smallurl/public_html/create.php on line 48

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(//index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/smallurl/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/smallurl/public_html/create.php on line 49

Warning: fopen(//index.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/smallurl/public_html/create.php on line 49

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/smallurl/public_html/create.php on line 50

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/smallurl/public_html/create.php on line 51

Also - this service is simply done via tardis. Also - the graphical appeal of the website is poor.

-steve

Site looks okay. However the stripy background is too noticeable, Chnage the colour of the stipes to a lighter color.

Having a bitmap for your header graphic is a no no. Save the image as a gif/jpeg. It'll reduce the file size of that image massively, Having it as a gif it'll be 4.6KB compared to 280KB, thats alot of bandwidth saved!

Other than that its ok.

Create your Small URL!

everything under that looks retarded, you should move that scrollbar out of there, and put the whole thing on the page, there is not that much there, it wouldn't take up much more room, but would look a lot better that way.

ALso on validation, you should put down WHAT errors, you put down something generic like
[quote]Please enter correct infomation[/quote]
Some people might not understand "Correct Information" So it's best to elaborate on exactly what errors came up.  Also you might want to put it in red, so people know it's actually an error, and not a confirmation

I think it looks a lot better than it did. I think that you might want to consider ober's advice too, I mean it is very basic, it is very unprofessional.  I don't know if you intended to make it look professional originally or not.  So far compared to what you had, it looks very good.
if you wanted basic, and you didn't care whether it looked professional or not, then it's a good site.

If however you wanted it to be professional, maybe you can make some other changes, like fixing up the colors, again as ober said, those colors don't match.
But I don't see a big problem with it, do the best you can with it, see wha telse you can come up with on it, almost anything could improve on it, you already have considerably from the first time I saw it.

its an interesting idea if I understand it correctly, and especially for those free forums and free sites

also interesting from a link point of view because you are providing a link and they're are likely to reciprocate somewhere

yeah it is interesting to me.

Hate the name though it needs to be shorted and no hyphens imho
and it needs to work correctly 
I couldn’t edit my entry and I changed my password and now I have an wrong link and can’t log in.

Don’t get bogged down with how the site looks – concentrate on getting it working and people to visit.
simple is good for this sort of thing

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.