Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

knowram

Form workings

I am setting up a site where security is a question. My question is if you have page with text boxes that you submit to the following page how is the information passed? Dose it travel to the server that is hosting the site and then back to the users computer, or just from one page to the next? Is there anyway that the information form the text boxes could be intersected by a third party?

Any information on the topic will be appreciated.

thanks

It's sent using POST or GET to the server and it can be intercepted. If you wish to prevent that you need to encrypt the connection using SSL.

So if that is the case. Am I right in assuming that the information that was posted is stored on the sites hosting server until it is retrieved in the next page? Is it stored there longer then that? Or is it stored somewhere else as well?

It's not stored at all (except in transient processing before it's thrown away), merely used in parsing the next page request.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.