Earn money from blogging website?

eatfishy

It's a simple design, but there are a few things that need sorting out...

- Serious validation errors.

- You have one minor CSS validation error, but that could probably be sorted out in a flash.

- Alignment. The alignment is off for that main section underneath the nav and the feature blog. (Should be 'Featured Blogs')

- Navigation. I do not mean to cause offence here, but the navigation background doesn't look too good with black and blue text on it. You could probably just have a black bottom border on the nav, and not have the bg, and then have the links black or a lighter colour and then when they are hovered, change to one of the two colours you have used in your logo.

- Your website description. In the title bar it says 'Every expression counts', where are on the website it says 'Express yourself. Blog it out'. I think these should at least say the same thing, not different things.

- Footer. It just looks too plain, maybe try and jazz it up a bit?

I hope I have helped you in some way.

I cannot believe that you are allowing users to post adsense javascript into your forms!

Javascript can be malicious! If this is displayed within your blogs then you are in trouble. You could have trojans and all sorts being downloaded from your site. It is an attackers playground!

Also, why would you even use client adsense. Why not put your own adsense code within the blogs and make ppc yourself. There will be little or no return for a blogger to even bother using adsense on your site.

@ lostprophetpunk - thanks for pointing about the validation errors. I never really go to those websites and let them validate my error. I guess even with validation errors, it may appear to load fine on certain browser, but not all?

Is it a standard, where the title bar and the title description always should match? I never thought about that too...

@ neil.johnson - I have thought about the Javascript and am aware of it. When a user send me a adsense javascript, I will test it out first on a testing page. If it looks fine, I'll approve it. Bloggers can potentially earn good money depending on their blogging skills. By default, the ads showing are my own unless if user wish to submit their own.

@ neil.johnson - I have thought about the Javascript and am aware of it. When a user send me a adsense javascript, I will test it out first on a testing page. If it looks fine, I'll approve it. Bloggers can potentially earn good money depending on their blogging skills. By default, the ads showing are my own unless if user wish to submit their own.

Get them to send you their publisher id and insert it accordingly.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.