Site Re-Index on Major Search engines

lkbolt

If you changed urls make sure you do 301 redirects from the old url to the new one. Other then that you can re-submit it, but most web crawlers will re-search your site once a week depending on how popular it is, just make sure you have a site index and that it is on every page so it gets crawled with the new data / changes.

Just wanted to say thanks for all of the responses.  I was just trying to see if linking my site to this site which is a very popular site would increase my re-index speed and it did.  So bottom line if you make changes to your main site wording and would like your site re-indexed quicker post your website on a popular site and make sure your site has a link back to the popular site on your site.

Just wanted to say thanks for all of the responses.  I was just trying to see if linking my site to this site which is a very popular site would increase my re-index speed and it did.  So bottom line if you make changes to your main site wording and would like your site re-indexed quicker post your website on a popular site and make sure your site has a link back to the popular site on your site.

Any chance this popular site was PHPFreaks?  ;)

No it's not advertising I was asking a very legitimate question and I found my answer.  I did not try to sell anything to anyone and I am sure other webmasters will have gained some knowledge from my post.  Yes PHPFreaks.com is a very popular site.  Yes reciprocal linking is a basic SEO necessity.  Thanks again. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.