Internet explorer down nearly 9% in 2009

Derleek

They are the stats for there site, so its not really worth taking them into consideration seeing as its a web development site visited mostly by newcomers to web development. These people are failry likely to be using alternate browser anyway.

They are the stats for there site, so its not really worth taking them into consideration seeing as its a web development site visited mostly by newcomers to web development. These people are failry likely to be using alternate browser anyway.

Indeed, All the 'statistics' come from, to some extent, bias sources as it's impossible to log every person somehow on every site that is browsed normally by users. Many sites like Facebook or W3schools are viewed by the obvious newcommers, so if they're all using IE it's automatically the most used browser?

Indeed, All the 'statistics' come from, to some extent, bias sources as it's impossible to log every person somehow on every site that is browsed normally by users. Many sites like Facebook or W3schools are viewed by the obvious newcommers, so if they're all using IE it's automatically the most used browser?

I should imagine that Facebook would probably have a good wide audience in to gather these sorts of stats because it not a site designed for web developers. w3schools on the other hand, is.

This is very interesting. PHPFreaks should make a log of the browsers that are being used, and display some statistics. 

They would be (once again) pretty unreliable because everyone who visits this web site is a web developer.

You need stats on average joe.

I am not looking for accurate, but more for fun.

Google, should have some good statistics.

IE still has a highly inflated amount of percentages no matter what. And for google (Or better Yahoo) it would make more sense to start there, but again many people will be inflating statistics by viewing it 100 times a day (like I do :-\)

Maybe I should get on Lynx and go to W3 and send a couple billion requests and see if I get on the list!

Just include some checking statements. Check to see if they are logged in, then check to see if their browser they used last is the same browser as of now.

Do you mean the majour sites? (If not all) of Google's percentage of traffic is non-authenticated, so it would again be a bias statistic.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.