Paypal and php help?

pankirk

Hi, I have been looking online for about two hours now on how I can automatically send payments through paypal using php. What I have is a database of how much money I need to send to co-workers and send that amount automatically when the workers click "request money" button. Can this be done? Will paypal allow me to do that? If so, can someone please point me in the right direction to do it? Thanks in advance,

-P

Hmm Okay. Here's exactly what I'm trying to accomplish:

I have an HTML form, a submit button, and a MySql database table with a money value that I will need to send to a co worker. On the co-workers page, I have a list of how much money I owe them and at the bottom a total amount of how much money I owe them. If they click the submit button on the form labeled "Request Payment", I need paypal to automatically send them a payment from my paypal. I already totaled up the individual payments into the final payment I will be sending them so all that's left now is to have that button contact paypal some how and send the payment to the co-workers paypal account. Thanks!

-P

Easy Peasy!

Client Requests Payment -> Request Dealt With + PHP Script executed to transfer money -> Display Request Accepted (?)

Well I was going to write some code, but it seems that I have to verify my account in order to login into the sandbox website. I will get back to you when I get the email.

You no your not really allowed to do this, under the terms and conditions off pay pal.

no one is allowed to setup a web site or script, that enables a person to send money to a person's account, and use your account via pay pal info in a form, buy pressing a button they get money from you.

This is a security infringement.

it like owning a bank, and asking customers , to go behind the counter and help there self, and kindly write down what they took. (( that the way a hacker see it,

Got to be very care full, there a chance some body will change the info in the paypal form or code, and top up there account with any amount off money.

Be warned .....

There thousands of reasons why you send them money and dont allow them to press buttons to get your money.

You can setup a code/script that enables emails to be sent via pay pal ,

that enables the person to get the money on request.

that nearest your get...

There have to press a link in the email and collect the money theo, amd have a paypal account.

What if I decide to make that button that "requests money" just post information into a database, then create a custom page on my admin page where I can review the payments and use a custom mass payment script that will pay them from that? Is that illegal? For instance, a co-worker has $500 owed to them, the click the "request money" button, all the data (like date, money, time requested, ect ect...) goes into the database, I review it on my admin page, and then if I deem it valid, I can use mass email to give them their money.

I think you're mis-interpreting what I'm saying and what point I'm trying to get across. This is for a new system I'm implementing and I would like to see that it's actually illegal for me to do what I want to do and that you're correct before I disregard any ideas I have.

Your idea  is a infringement to your ability as a php programmer, and your heading down the route of in secure programming that all.

continue and create your code, no one will no will they, until your account is empty.

like said years ago by a decent programmer ...

There plenty of ways to do some think, but there millions of ways to program it wrong.

If you got to pay people loads off money in  a bulk payment, then use a decent payment gateway then.

why are you trying to stress pay pal out for?

pay pal probly a bad idea anyway ..

example has all the people got a pay pal account?

probably not, use a Private and proper gate way and create your code.....

It 100% ilegal to let over users have any information that relates to your account to pay them money i promise you.

sorry if you think i am insulting you as a programmer, all i am saying is your idea is not safe and it will cause future problems.

your idea can be created, and your probably use the pay pal php encrypt code, to hide your privet info, that over's are not suppose to see, but i don't vouch you wont get hacked or your account closed.

Maybe you can add a link that says [Add Funds] with the amount there getting,

Tell the user who pressing the add funds button, they agree with your terms and conditions and then use mysql/php to add a entry in the database that the user agreed with, the terms and conditions off adding funds via that link.

backwards programming but it will work....

Everything will be very secure and you can't access the page unless you have been accepted as one of our employees. So it's not as if a random hacker can come along and change some values to get money from us. On top of that, you can't modify anything unless you have access to our database and only one person knows the extensive password for our database and that's me. Plus everything will be encrypted with paypals encryption so that makes the chances of being hacked slim to none.

Everything will be very secure and you can't access the page unless you have been accepted as one of our employees. So it's not as if a random hacker can come along and change some values to get money from us. On top of that, you can't modify anything unless you have access to our database and only one person knows the extensive password for our database and that's me. Plus everything will be encrypted with paypals encryption so that makes the chances of being hacked slim to none.

Orly

every think you just said shows my your programming knowledge in secure programming sorry...

nothing is as secure as your making out, but can be done read my below post please...

all i am saying is your idea is not safe and it will cause future problems.

your idea can be created, and your probably use the pay pal php encrypt code, to hide your privet info, that over's are not suppose to see, but i don't vouch you wont get hacked or your account closed.

Maybe you can add a link that says [Add Funds] with the amount there getting,

Tell the user who pressing the add funds button, they agree with your terms and conditions and then use mysql/php to add a entry in the database that the user agreed with, the terms and conditions off adding funds via that link.

backwards programming but it will work....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.