1 million posts!

PugJr

The amount is listed in two different places and is calculated differently in each place (one including deleted threads etc). The 1 million mark was also technically passed a long time ago with the amount of posts that have been lost over the years.

With so many threads I find it strange is that I never come across PHPfreaks posts in Google while searching for coding related questions.  The sites I do come across are like devshed, (which I really hate becuase their code/content is shitty formatted and crowded in by ads) and dreamincode and some Scraper Site called bigresource or something.

I think however it may be the forum software, I never really come across SMF forum threads in Google. I think Google bot doesn't like SMF.

With so many threads I find it strange is that I never come across PHPfreaks posts in Google while searching for coding related questions.  The sites I do come across are like devshed, (which I really hate becuase their code/content is shitty formatted and crowded in by ads) and dreamincode and some Scraper Site called bigresource or something.

I think however it may be the forum software, I never really come across SMF forum threads in Google. I think Google bot doesn't like SMF.

You find more personally placed content. I have to admit it's not hard to find PHP freaks, I mean I just for example googled 'Strpos not working' and got it on the 7th result:

Example

It seems to come up when searching google for some relevant questions that you would ask on here, so it's not quite off-line in terms of search results.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.