Need help after Piping Email to php script...

shiznewski

I'll try to be as clear as possible. I use cpanel and account level filtering to handle my incoming emails. The filter pipes all incoming email to mypipe.php. Inside the php i break apart the headers and body and add certain information to a database but now i need to forward the email to either myself or my partner. I know there is the mail() function but if i use that the email will come from seann@domain.com instead of the original sender. Is it possible to just redirect(cpanel term in the account level filter options) or fwd the mail as it is?

right... but this *hack* allows you to specify the FROM value in the PHP mail() function.  Isn't that what you're looking to do? ...get a copy of the email as well as though it appears from the original sender? 

If so, just use this hack and the mail() function to shoot an email to you when you write all of the pertinent values to the database.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.