15 replies to this topic

#1 miseleigh

miseleigh
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:01 PM

I'm trying to upgrade Apache 2.0.44 to 2.0.59.  So far it looks like all I have to do is save my current .conf files, delete the old version, and install the new one.  Is there anything I'm missing?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

#2 effigy

effigy
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,600 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:11 PM

I usually let the new one overwrite the existing, but I guess it doesn't matter as long as you have everything backed up.
Regexp | Unicode Article | Letter Database
/\A(e)?((1)?ff(?:(?:ig)?y)?|f(?:ig)?)\z/

#3 miseleigh

miseleigh
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:40 PM

Yeah, that would do it too :)

Also, can anyone tell me if there is a build out there for 2.0.59 that includes SSL (on a windows platform)?  I can't seem to find one, and I have no wish to build it myself (assuming I even can).

#4 miseleigh

miseleigh
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:36 PM

Well, I'm getting somewhere, anyways...

I can get Apache started, running 2.0.59, but now I'm encountering another small problem.

When trying to start, Apache says:

Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library 'C:/OpenSA/Apache2/php4/modules\php_openssl.dll' - The operating system cannot run %1.

Then I hit ok, and it comes up again, and I hit ok again, and then Apache runs.  Anybody know what's causing that error and how to fix it?  The OS is Windos, it's OpenSSL v0.9.8, PHP 4.3.0.  Thanks!

#5 effigy

effigy
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,600 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:49 PM

Look at the slashes: C:/OpenSA/Apache2/php4/modules\php_openssl.dll.
Regexp | Unicode Article | Letter Database
/\A(e)?((1)?ff(?:(?:ig)?y)?|f(?:ig)?)\z/

#6 miseleigh

miseleigh
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:56 AM

Would you mind explaining how I would go about fixing that?

#7 wildteen88

wildteen88
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 10,482 posts
  • LocationUK, Bournemouth

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:42 PM

You need to configure the extension_dir directive in the php.ini to sort that out.

#8 miseleigh

miseleigh
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:11 PM

Alright, so after changing "extension_dir = C:/OpenSA/Apache2/php4/modules" to "extension_dir = C:\OpenSA\Apache2\php4\modules" in php.ini, my error changes slightly:

Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\OpenSA\Apache2\php4\modules\php_openssl.dll' - The operating system cannot run %1.

I don't think the slashes were the problem.  And yes, that module is in that directory.

I should note that the .conf files I'm using for Apache 2.0.59 are the same ones I used for 2.0.44 - are there any subversion-specific things I should change?  I didn't find any, but I'm good at missing that sort of thing.

Thanks!

#9 wildteen88

wildteen88
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:13 PM

Where is you php extensions located to, they should in the ext(ensions) folder that came with php.

#10 miseleigh

miseleigh
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:17 PM

All the php stuff is in C:\OpenSA\Apache2\php4, with all php .dll files in \modules.  I believe that's the way it installed - OpenSA came as a packet.  There are a number of other .dll files in that same folder that get called in php.ini without causing any errors when Apache starts up.

#11 wildteen88

wildteen88
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:21 PM

Oh your using an all-in-one installer which installs Apache and PHP etc. Lloks like openssl is trying to run a command which Windows cannot run. Do you need openssl. If you dont open up the php.ini and add a semi-colon infront of extension=php_openssl.dll

Save php.ini, restart Apache.

#12 miseleigh

miseleigh
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:57 PM

I would have done that a while ago if I didn't need openssl :P

Apparently openssl.dll is dependent upon msvcr80.dll, which I don't have.  Going to find it...

#13 miseleigh

miseleigh
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 02:12 PM

Alright, now I have all three dependencies (ssleay32.dll, libeay32.dll, msvcr80.dll) in both my windows/system32 folder and apache2/bin (as suggested here), and still have the same problem.

Btw, in case anybody finds this hread with similar issues, .ddls can be found here.

#14 wildteen88

wildteen88
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 02:13 PM

It probably comes with the openssl package. Download openSSL Here. php_openssl requires this package to be installed.

Also prehaps having a read of this page on enabling openssl.

#15 miseleigh

miseleigh
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 03:43 PM

Well, SSL seems to be working just fine for PHP without that pesky .dll, so solution = comment it out in php.ini.  Odd how that works.  I had thought that I needed it, but apparently not.

Thanks for all your help, wildteen88.

#16 oldmanice

oldmanice
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 134 posts
  • LocationIn Your Garden At Night

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:29 AM

You could have just simply moved your files to your documents and draged it back in when youve got the new apache.
Join my Froums www.phpbbplanet.com/darkwinter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users