No Error Reporting

scott532

[quote author=wildteen88 link=topic=105974.msg423838#msg423838 date=1156841597]
You also want to make sure the display_errors directive is turned on too in order to get the errors to be displayed to the browser. To turn this setting on you need to edit the php.ini.
[/quote]for all errors other than parse errors, you can use runtime change.

Hi, i'm a definate unix no0b so be easy on me  ::).

Here's my problem. I'm in php.ini and it is read only. I can see [b]display_errors = Off[/b]. I need to turn it to on, but it won't let me write to this file.
I also went back and used the following command: [b]chmod g+w /usr/local/...php.ini[/b] and it responded saying  [b]operation not permitted[/b]. Why is it not permitted?
Thanks,
-Scott

Hey wildteen... thanks for the sudo command it helped. what i ended up doing was this: [b]sudo chmod a=rwx /usr/local/...php.ini[/b] in order to write to the file. Then i restarted my comp before I noticed any error messaging showing up on the pages.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.