How to integrate PHP and Javscript

jwwceo

I want to add some javascript rollover menus to my php pages. But the javascript menu items will be pulled from my MySQL databse.

I usually have a seperate .js file which I link in at the top of my HTML...

but if this seperate document is a php doc (that outputs javascript) will this still work..

what's the best way to go about this????

Instead of using Javascript for the rollover menus, think about using CSS. Most of the CSS implementations are based on simple [nobbc]<ul></ul>[/nobbc] lists.  Take a look at http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/ for more information.

Ken

I like the last menu...thanks..1 question....

This may sound stupid..but I don't want to jarble up my <head> with all that css and script data..

can I make one big php file to echo the whole thing and just plop it into my header...and just include the php file....

JW

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.