PLS HELP. FOPEN function

php_coder_dvo

can anyone help me, why i cannot open a file particularly CVS file.

here it goes, I create a scipt to open a csv file and import it to the database. Using the html input type="file" to brows a csv file. I tried it on the windows (winxp) the script works very fine, however when i upload it to my server which is linux. when i browse a csv file, i had an error

"[color=red]Warning: fopen(PARTNER_REPORT_USA_.CSV): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/lampp/htdocs/freshfire.ca/cms_admin/import.php on line 8

Warning: fgetcsv(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /opt/lampp/htdocs/freshfire.ca/cms_admin/import.php on line 10[/color]"

and im stuck on this error. tnx guys for your help....

yes the file does exist, you see i created a script to browse file particularly csv, and when the user select a csv file on the windows platform, the script or the fopen function cannot read the file... my php script was on the linux server... cause i assume that the user wants to browse csv on the windows..

tnx for the reply, and help..

You mean the php file is not on the server which looks for a file on a remote PC. If thats the case then you cannot do that. As PHP runs on the server, it cannot interact with the client (remote PC). What your php script is doing is trying to find the csv file on the server and thus you are getting the returned error.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.