How can I do this with PHP?

Greaser9780

I am creating a site for gamers to play tournaments online. I need to insert the following into a table on my pages. I want to create a db table to list all of the listed game clans for each ladder: Singles,Doubles,Quads and so on. I would like to have the page automatically load the quads table but then offer a dropdown box that will let the user select between which ladder will show up. Can this be done without the page changing and only the information in that section of my table changing? I'm thinking have the php commands set at that area of my table. Have these codes automatically call the Quads clans from the db.<--Not sure I will even be able to do that. Then what really confuses me is how do I get the dropdown box to select which potion of the table I want. I am guessing that I first need to set up a different table for each:Singles, Doubles, and Quads.  Then I would prob start the php in my table with my include'db.php'; What I don't know is how to call each table from the db to page view, via:dropbox. When it does do this I need to set it up so it can display other things from the table other than the clan name.  Sorry post is so long.  If you can understand all of my jibberish and think you can help, please respond.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.