I need some help with the IF command...

Jim R

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you believe the code is correct and *should* work, which tbh it should, i would reccommend (if your using the latest version of PHP 5), to submit a bug report on php.net.

Just a quick question, is it only on that specific machine it wont work? Have you tried it on other similar platforms?

-CB-

I only work on one machine, but I know a browser on another computer saw the same results.  I don't know enough about the code to know it should work.  I understand the logic behind what all we tried, but syntax often gets in the way of logic, which is why I'm not a coder professionally.  :)

Hmm, Is there any way you can provide configuration settings etc for the machines you have tested, ie;

1. Operating System and Version

2. Apache Version

3. PHP Version

4. MySQL Version

5. Apache Modules loaded

6. PHP Modules loaded

7. Apache/PHP Configuration files (httpd.conf,php.ini,my.ini)

8. Browsers that worked/Versions of browsers

9. Any .htaccess files or run-time reconfiguration files present on the server (display them if possible).

10. (Only if on windows, on your own computer), any running processes list them.

------

If it has worked on one machine and not the other, something is preventing it, old syntax thats deprecated or functions or just about any individually configured option could be a cause. Even anti virus programs - u never know.

If you can be bothered to gather all this info (to be honest i wouldnt lol), then i will take a look and see if i can spot any patterns or likely causes.

-CB-

I appreciate the willingness.  I decided to go back in, change all the file formats to .JPG, and just deal with the code that writes that part of it.  It was about 80 files, and all of this likely took longer than changing all the file formats.  :)

IF (no pun intended) I have any other problems with conditional logic, I'll come back to this topic for it.  :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.