iPFaces - Mobile App framework

Edhouse has released version 1.1 of iPFaces project, the framework for simple creation of native, form-oriented network applications for mobile devices (iPhone, BlackBerry, Mobile Java).

The aim of the solution is to screen the programmer completely out from the mobile platform itself, and transfer the entire application logic to central application server level. Developers with experience with one of the supported Web technologies (ASP.Net, Java, and PHP) may start working with iPFaces virtually immediately.

We need to test this framework by users to get information, if this framework is usefull or not.

For more information, see the project web site at www.ipfaces.org.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you for your response oni-kun,

you should see and try our "Quick start" page for PHP technology (http://www.ipfaces.org/content/php), because the advantage of our solution is that you need neither Mac nor XCODE.

With iPFaces you can develop mobile applications on the server side. Other supported technologies are Java and ASP.Net.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

we released new iPFaces client application for BlackBerry smartphones. It supports all the same features as the iPhone client expect display rotation and styling. The client integrates well into BB look and feel. It's distributed as Freeware.

More information about BB client and installing can be found at http://www.ipfaces.org/content/blackberry-client-application

Client application for J2ME is in beta testing.

[attachment deleted by admin]

• 3 weeks later...

Great work, I quite like you've ported to J2ME to cover most of the phones that aren't the Blackberry or iPhone.

Your examples page (examples.ipfaces.org) works wonderfully on my iPhone, It's nice to see such a robust framework, although I can't say I can comment on much more as I don't have much time, hopefully others will see the opportunity :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.