Zen Cart installed on Ubuntu but stylesheets won't load...

5kyy8lu3

Hi.  I'm fairly new to Linux.

I'm working on a project with my buddy but his server died so we're gonna host it on my ubuntu box while we work on it.  We're going to use Zen Cart.

It installed just fine.  It even loads.  The only problem is that the stylesheets won't load.  On my ubuntu box, the one with LAMP and Zen Cart installed, the stylesheets load, but on any other computer on my network (or outside) the stylesheets won't load.

Any ideas?

I've tried TONS of google searching and have had no luck.  I've tried renaming .htaccess to .htaccess_OFF and no luck.  Even saw some sites mentioning editing httpd.conf to add "Limit" to AllowOverride or some crap but I have no idea what that means.  I found that file and opened it to find it blank.

This is obviously a permissions problem since it loads fine on this machine (ubuntu box) but no on any other one.  I really hate how root acct works.  I guess that's why it's secure though.

Any help would be much appreciated, and keep in mind, I'm very new to linux.

Thanks ahead of time!

When you right click and view source are the paths to the stylesheets correct?

well I found the problem.  I'm an idiot and I used localhost for my domain for apache so zen-cart was using localhost as teh domain when it generated links, which obviously won't work for anyone else.

it's amazing how much trouble such a simple little thing can cause lol

thanks for the reply though, much appreciated :D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.