mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server

Nothadoth

www.igbltd.co.uk

Can some body help me fix this problem? I'm not sure as to what to do. Here is just one of the errors:

[code]mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /websites/LinuxPackage02/ig/bl/td/igbltd.co.uk/public_html/styles/navigation.php on line 9[/code]

I know that it is something to do with the connection part that says 'localhost' because the usernames, passwords and database tables are all correct. When I searched it up on google I found a website with a connection test script and it's telling me this:

"Your MySQL hostname is incorrect or you do not have the MySQL service started"

I thought it was that localhost was wrong, so I rang up my server (Myserverworld) and asked them and they said that it isn't anything to do with localhost and that I need to connect through MySQL Duo 1 or something.

Can somebody help?

Thank you!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.