No session support in my php installation!?

I have a problem with my php5/apache2 installation on Debian Linux. I don't seem to have session support. I get: "[b]Fatal error: Call to undefined function session_name() in...[/b]" when loading a page containing the session_name() function.

If I had session support I guess it would be visible in phpinfo, but it's not (see http://www.magnus.ws/phpinfo-copy.htm).
Session support are supposed to be enabled in php by default. But I think you can compile without it if you want. I didn't do anything like that, I just installed the Debian packages like this:
# apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5 php5-curl php5-gd

Did I miss to install something or were those packages already built without session support?
Or did I just miss to enable something?  Plz help ???

Yeah, with a heavy heart I will turn to the Linux forums, damn that Tux...
Anyway, from this post I learnt that I didn't miss any obvious php setting, right.
Thanks!

Maybe just those installation packages were weired --> reinstall, with other servers in my /etc/apt/source.list.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.