Database Editor not showing new entries?

jca13

I woke up this morning to find my website coated in "Fatal Error: Database Error! - Can't open file: 'newscmts.MYI' (errno: 145)".

I set about going to the MySQL database to see what had gone wrong, assuming that one of the users had deliberately set about causing problems via unprotected database entry fields (as has happened before, and yes I have taken steps to help prevent this!).

Anyway, I got into the database and looked up the table where I assumed there would be a dodgy entry made to cause the error.

However, I found that the database entries for this table were outdated - the most recent shown was 3 days ago, even though there have been several since (all of which displayed by the MySQL call functions on the site). This is true for ALL of the tables in the database shown in the database editor - the tables only seem to show entries up until a couple days ago, even though the functions on the site clearly show many more recent entries.

What could have caused this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.