Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dogboys

I need some help.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/www/mysite.com/connect.php on line 55
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Ive never had this error before and i need some help

My database name is pugs which turns into dogboys_pugs and the username is the same as database.

So i do dogboys_pugs for databse and username when i do it. and the password is right also. What am i doing wrong?

Please post the connection file. You can ommit the username and password

[code=php:0]<?php // config.php :: Low-level app/database variables.

$dbsettings = Array(
        "server"        => "localhost",    // MySQL server name. (Default: localhost)
        "user"          => "****",              // MySQL username.
        "pass"          => "****",              // MySQL password.
        "name"          => "dogboys_pugs",              // MySQL database name.
        "prefix"        => "dk",            // Prefix for table names. (Default: dk)
        "secretword"    => "***");            // Secret word used when hashing information for cookies.

?>[/code]

[b]EDITED BY WILDTEEN88: Removed  username and password info.[/b]

dude.. remove your username and password before someone connects to your db and ruins your day..

Please post some actual code where you are attempting to connect to your database ... presumably that's where the error is arising, not the configuration file.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.