php chat application

mrjameer

hi,

iam trying to build a chat application using php/mysql for my web-site.can anybody knows any tutorials or sites for building a chat application.the application should be like this.when a sales person of my company login to my site then the online service image should be displayed,and when he logout it should disappear.when sales person is online,  customers can chat with him by sending instant messages like that...this is my application..if you have any info for doing this application your help will be appreciated.

thanks

mrjameer

Doing the actual chat portion of it is going to require either AJAX or some other client side script along with some PHP or some kind of CGI scripting.  You cannot do something like this strictly in PHP.  As far as the other functions you're talking about, you're going to have to give us a little more than that.  Have you written any code?  We can't do this from scratch for you.  That's a lot of work.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.