MYSQL problem

Xteeahn

Hey, I was trying to set up Snipe gallery from http://www.snipegallery.com/ and I got some mysql errors, as there support forum is closed I was hoping any of you could help me.

I ran through their installer, I set all the paths to where they needed to be. But as soon as I want to run Snipe it gives me this error

[quote]A database error has occured.

mySQL said: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

SQL query: select id, name, created_on from snipe_gallery_cat where cat_parent='0' [/quote]

I can see the error comes from table "snipe_gallery_cat" and it gives some errors from some of those fields.
But I dont know much of mysql so I got no clue what I need to do here.

This is how these fields looks like
[quote]
Field        Type          Collation  Attributes  Null      Default  Extra
id        int(11)                                      No        auto_increment
name    varchar(200)      latin1_general_ci        Yes  NULL
created_on  datetime                                No  0000-00-00 00:00:00
[/quote]
And I am running on xampp [url=http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html]http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html[/url]

I'm not aware of any user ODBC, I havent set this user in Snipe's config file and neither in phpmyadmin.
I just tried adding user ODBC and gave him all privileges and now I get this error.
[quote]mySQL said: No database selected

SQL query: select id, name, created_on from snipe_gallery_cat where cat_parent='0' [/quote]

Well mysql_connect and mysql_select_db is not to be found in the config file nor anywhere else, but it seems to connect like this
[quote]
$cfg_database_host = "localhost";

$cfg_database_user = "ODBC";

$cfg_database_pass = "";

$cfg_database_name = "fotosh";
[/quote]

that's not connecting, that's simply assigning your connection variables. notice that the snippet you posted is not calling any functions at all. with those variables, you'd have to make a connection like this:
[code]
<?php
$conn = mysql_connect($cfg_database_host, $cfg_database_user, $cfg_database_pass);
mysql_select_db($cfg_database_name, $conn);
?>
[/code]

apparently, though, based on your original post, there is a connection being attempted SOMEWHERE because of the error you were receiving.

So I found the file where the connection is being attempted
[quote]
if ((!is_dir($cfg_admin_path)) || (!file_exists($cfg_app_path."/inc/config.php"))) {
$path_error = 1;
$is_error = 1;
} else {
if (!@mysql_pconnect($cfg_database_host,$cfg_database_user,$cfg_database_pass))
die('<span class="errortxt">FATAL ERROR: cannot connect to mySQL server <br>host: '.$cfg_database_host.' <br>user: '.$cfg_database_user.' <br>password: '.$cfg_database_pass.' </span>');
if (!@mysql_select_db($cfg_database_name))
die('<span class="errortxt">FATAL ERROR: I cant make up my mind!! Cannot select MySQL database "'.$cfg_database_name.'"</span>');
[/quote]
But it looks like to me that I am making a database connection.
And whenever I try to reach this page I get the error stated in the code
[quote]
FATAL ERROR: cannot connect to mySQL server
host: http://localhost/
user: ODBC
password:
[/quote]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.