Windows Explorer Problem

jspodisus

Upgraded from Vista Premium a few days ago, and Windows 7 generally seems to work fine apart from a problem with Windows Explorer crashing everytime I try and access Control Panel, My Computer, Documents etc from the start menu. It then restarts the desktop and does not open the file at all.

I can access My Computer from run but it is still an annoyance, and I cannot use Control Panel at all. Windows Update also doesnt open and now seems to have dissapeared off my computer altogether.

I know this is a beta and problems are to be expected but my system is now only half workable. I've tried running anti-virus and spyware programs but they dont appear to have worked, and also the scannow repair trick in cmd, amongst other things, but have now run out of ideas aside from doing a re-install.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.