Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tomfmason

createing zip files with php

I thought that phpfreaks had a tutorial for this but I am unable to find it. Does anyone else know the link?

I have PHP5.0.5 . I think that I need a tutorial. Because I am developing a script that will be used by other people that may have older versions of php. I could have sworn that phpfreaks had a tutorial for this.

Quoted from www.php.net/zip:

[quote]
[b]PHP 4 Bundled[/b]
The initial version is bundled in PHP 4 and is available in PECL as version 1.0, see http://pecl.php.net/package/zip. It can only read Zip Archives.

[b]PECL and PHP 5.2 or later[/b]
The newest version is bundled in PHP 5.2.0 or later and available in PECL, as version 1.1.0 or later. It does not require any external library. It can read and write Zip archives when used with PHP 5.1 or later and can only read them when used with PHP4.[/quote]

That means- if you only want to be able to read zip files (being uploaded lets say), you can do it if you have PHP4 are greater. But if you want also to create zip archives, you'll need PHP5.1 or later.

Orio.

EDIT- Just saw the title of the topic, so I guess you need PHP5.1 or greater for that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.