The story behind your username...

Guest kilbad

The origin of my name goes way back to my very first AOL screenname, which was probably 15 years ago now. I no longer use AOL, but the skunk legacy lives on. The last letter has been changed though. The original name was "skunkbag", which would reference a container of marijuana. When I decided to go completely sober (>7 years ago), I changed the name. At that time, I no longer felt that it was appropriate to have a name that sounded like I was a drug user. Skunk(.*) has always been my choice of screen names and account names. It's easy to remember, both for me and the people that I chat with/communicate with. Variations have been skunk, skunk4Christ, sKunK007, and skunkBrian, but I currently only use skunkbad.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the story behind my username is pretty dumb and starts about 10 years ago...

in jr high i wore a baseball cap to school...friends thought that i looked like a car salesman.

what is a good name for a car salesman??? ARDY!!! ummmmm......ok.........

it just stuck, and to this day i am called ardy.

my wife is Kari, so i just put the two together...

not much of a story, but i dont really care.

The story behind my username could probably really be called a story :)

When I was like 11 years old I was visiting a local gaming place regularly. Once I was a witness of what you probably would call today a progamer. They played Starcraft like gods. I could watch em massacre all other players all day long :)

Their nicknames were Lord Yrikk and FREAK... so you get the point :) My nick is homage to these two awesome gamers :)

EDIT:

Although this is THE story behind my username, there are at least two other not-so-public but still fitting ;D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
For all of those that care:

[quote author=947740 link=topic=105646.msg879083#msg879083 date=1209649812]
It was a username automatically given to me when I took an online college class, so I just figured I would use that.
[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well my username was created for a number of reasons, the first reason is because I used to own a small Mazda B2200 truck which I lowered to the ground then I sold it for a new 2003 Dodge Dakota (New Back then) and I planned to lower the dodge just like I pimped out and lowered the mazda.

So my name came from that mini for low truck and dak which stands for dakota and 03 because its a 2003.

So minidak03 really stands for mini dakota 2003.

Mine means oak, ballouta is one oak fruit in Arabic Language but in Lebanon Only. the plural is: Ballout (in classical Arabic).

but we use this word so much in our slang speaking which means 'anything'!

for example if you ask me: which pen do you want? I say: anything or any color, ballouta. I don't know how this use came?!

so when i wanted to register in this forum, actually i did't know it is so usefull, so i chose ballouta which means my username is: anything but let me go in!
your stories are really intresting!

BYE

• 2 weeks later...
I always found it fun to come up with user-names.
One day I wanted a new one and wondered what I could pick... I like space (who doesn't?) so I chose the Sun... I dunno why but the thought of following it as it moved in the sky made me think of the word 'tracker'. Hence Sun Tracker.

Now here's the weird part: 2 years after I originally came up with it, I was randomly watching TV (I rarely do) -- the history channel, specifically. There was this show on about some failed US Air Force experiment in 1948. A B-29 Bomber carrying a device called the "Sun Tracker" crashed into Lake Meade. (You can read more about it here: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeology/digs.html )

This led me to some internet sleuthing and I learned that a "Sun Tracker" is a nickname for a heliostat -- a device that tracks the sun. Dish arrays out west in the USA use such devices to always aim at the sun to collect as much energy as possible. It's also apparently the name of some company that makes boats or something.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.