The story behind your username...

Guest kilbad

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this figured I would post.

I was playing a game online, Rainbow 6 I think and needed a user name. I looked up the greek definition of miso which means hate. Pre which means before. so premiso, before hate.

Corny, but yea :)

[quote author=premiso link=topic=106377.msg1153217#msg1153217 date=1239050502]
Found this figured I would post.

I was playing a game online, Rainbow 6 I think and needed a user name. I looked up the greek definition of miso which means hate. Pre which means before. so premiso, before hate.
[/quote]

Cool name background, premiso. I think I too may have been pronouncing it incorrectly in my head - but hey, apparently some people see me as 'energy alpha', so it's 'even-Steven' as far as I'm concerned lol.

Which Rainbow Six game did you play? (more curious than anything else. I worked on Rainbow Six: Vegas as a modeler for the first level.. Mexico)

Yesideez - an ancient mythological being representing everything of pure evil and blackness.

My email address I had years ago was @antisocial.com so yesideez at the start was quite fitting but an email address no longer in use due to spam being received became too much.

My avatar came from the film "Human Traffic" and was a logo on a T-shirt.

It just "fit"

[quote author=nrg_alpha link=topic=106377.msg1153553#msg1153553 date=1239080402]
Which Rainbow Six game did you play? (more curious than anything else. I worked on Rainbow Six: Vegas as a modeler for the first level.. Mexico)
[/quote]

The first one. Back in 1998 on MLagger...err MPlayer along with Aliens Vs Predator. Good ol' days hacking MPlayer and taking "Sage" powers :)

• 8 months later...

Meh a lame name I have. oni-chan means brother in japanese (I'm not, but..) -kun is a suffix usually for males, so I disassociated it to oni-kun. Little did I know oni also meant demon, Someone on these forums actually explained it after I helped him, lol. Can't complain. Stuck with the name for 2 years now, domain, PSN account..

And are you referring to calling him "Presimo" in your head? I was doing that until I read the thread, LOL!

My nickname is my firstname and I chose it for it's convenience.

1) I don't have to bother thinking of names and what they will represent or mean, I usally also start to dislike them after a while and changing one nickname is a hassle (not all websites allow it)

2) Everyone knows my name and they know my "nickname" (friends can easily spot me) and I have no problem them seeing when I screw up (or succeed) atleast I'm trying

3) Everyone calls me by my name like I do with them (I don't believe in hierarchy, in life there are no > and < operators)

• 2 weeks later...

holy crap it's true! if you add 317 to your current post count, you get... 456!!

That may be what's known as a 'special case' rather than universally applicable.

Whatever!! Being a creative genius, I decided to use my first name and the initial of my surname for my username here.  Quite a story!!

Same story with andy just i put an underscore between them.

• 2 weeks later...

"As for other fantasy writing in general, I've enjoyed reading Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series (although there are a couple duds in there) as well as reading Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth books. I would like to see someone get license to do a couple of the better stories in either of those series, too."

Hrmm might have to look into those.

If Robert Jordan could have kept his thoughts organized the series would have been much better.  The first few books in WoT were good.  By the fourth one he had opened up so many sub-plots you couldn't keep track of them.  I stopped reading after 6 or 7 books.

• 6 months later...

Thought up my name for a game called Endless Online (which has since died and i stopped playing it about a year ago). My original name was going to be Overmind (from starcraft) but i thought it to be too common so i thought up this. My name is actually a cross between Tassadar, Raynor and Fenix (from starcraft) but Taserenix sounded strange so i changed the s to a z.

Thanks for reading xD

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.