#41 neylitalo

neylitalo
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,854 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:48 PM

descent = best.  game.  ever.

I wouldn't go that far - top 10, maybe. UT2004 is #1 on my list.
http://nealylitalo.net - My personal website, and home of The Netizen's Journal.

#42 448191

• Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,545 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:35 AM

i think that's a browser thing. when i type in 'kilbad' in FF, i get his homepage, too

I think it's because google 'localizes' SERPs. Try if the page you get is the top listed when you search for it on google. Google is alot more sophistocated than you think.

#43 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 02 October 2006 - 01:55 PM

I wouldn't go that far - top 10, maybe. UT2004 is #1 on my list.

eww... the origional UT is still the best of the bunch.

Info: PHP Manual

#44 Zane

Zane
  • Administrators
  • Advanced Member
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 05:22 PM

Back about 6 years ago...one of my friends started to call me Zanus
as if to insult me, in a friendly way.  I'd get upset about it sometimes but when they eventually kept calling me that it stuck and everyone else decided to tag that name to me.

My real name is Zane....
and I've had such phrases like Zane the Pain come about a thousand-teen times in my life.

after Zanus...it became Zanus the painus in the anus..lol

Maybe that's an interesting story...I dunno
if I'm not using zanus...I use dockeryz...which is just my last name and first initial

btn_donate_SM.gif Want to thank me? Contribute to my PayPal piggy-bank

172938.png

#45 redbullmarky

redbullmarky
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,863 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 06 October 2006 - 07:46 PM

...anus...

i'll never be able to look at your username in the same way again

;D
"you have to keep pissing in the wind to learn how to keep your shoes dry..."

I say old chap, that is rather amusing!

#46 cgm225

cgm225
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 444 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 04:43 PM

..my name is just some random letters and numbers I picked when I needed something interesting for my e-mail address..

#47 phrozenflame

phrozenflame
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 106 posts
  • LocationWoking,Surrey UK

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:30 AM

Mine comes from a company that I uses to work for called phrozenflame I used to be the editor of there website.
A flame wich is phrozen

#48 SharkBait

SharkBait
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 845 posts
  • LocationMetro Vancouver, BC

Posted 27 December 2006 - 09:25 PM

Mine of course is from Finding Nemo!

WHoo Haha!

#49 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 27 December 2006 - 09:29 PM

Mine of course is from Finding Nemo!

My bubbles!
You can't win, you can't lose, you can't break even... you can't even get out of the game.

<?php
while (count($life->getQuestions()) > 0)
{   $life->study(); } ?>
  LINKS: PHP: Manual MySQL: Manual PostgreSQL: Manual (X)HTML: Validate It! CSS: A List Apart | IE bug fixes | Zen Garden | Validate It! JavaScript: Reference Cards RegEx: Everything RegEx

#50 SharkBait

SharkBait
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 845 posts
  • LocationMetro Vancouver, BC

Posted 27 December 2006 - 10:51 PM

Heheh

#51 Guest_kilbad_*

Guest_kilbad_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:03 PM

lol

#52 roopurt18

roopurt18
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,749 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, southern

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:01 PM

Mine stems from a guy I knew in high school named Matt.  At the beginning of the year the teacher asked him if he had a nick name he liked to use.

"Most people call me Rupurt."

Which was total bullshit, but the teacher bought it and everyone called him Rupurt for that year in just that class.  When I later went to sign up for a hotmail account, I couldn't think of anything else and just used roopurt18; the 18 is because I was 18 at the time.

I actually have a pool of several user names that I use for various reasons.

rbredlau
First letter of first name followed by last name.  Usually I don't need any digits because its rather unique.  I use this mostly for things I need to keep semi-professional or personal.

superfiend
I use this as my login account for just about every video game.  I've never named a video game character named superfiend, I just use this as the global name to access my account.

sk.1, tdg|w00t
I used these names back when I was big into Quake 2.  sk.1 stood for a fake clan named Silent Killers where in my config file I had it set up so that I couldn't talk to anybody else on the server.  I used that handle for well over a year and, true to my motto, never spoke to anyone.  I used to get kicked and / or banned from a lot of servers because I was good at the game and many people thought I was a bot or at least cheating in some way.  Also, I like to get under peoples' skin and consistently beating someone in a game and never talking to them is a great way to do it.  tdg|w00t was my identity when I wanted to talk to people; tdg stands for Too Damned Good and w00t is just an expression of happiness.  The fun thing about that little experiment was watching the effect it had on people; the same people that liked me as w00t would be the first to try and votekick me as sk.1.  Good times!

Continuing my interest in themes, I tend to use odd names in CS:S whenever I play that:
The Best
I use this whenever I know I'll do good.

LaP|Friend
I use this on occasion, it's my guild and character back when I played WoW.

[Arnold]Pump*YOU*Up
I use only the pump shotgun when I use this handle.

And the list goes on.

So there you have it, some insight into the madness that is my brain.
PHP Forms : Part I | Part II

JavaScript: Singleton

http://www.rbredlau.com

#53 legohead6

legohead6
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 434 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 11:59 PM

i used to play with lego when i was younger, when i went to get my first msn legohead was takin and it said would you like to try one of the following and i chose legohead6, since then that has always been my username for almost everything, if not legohead6 its legoman67... which came from when i joined RS....
"Syntax error" .. WHERE THE **** IS IT?!

#54 dustinnoe

dustinnoe
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 187 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA

Posted 21 April 2007 - 05:10 AM

It's kind of a long story so here it goes. It's my first name and then my last name.

#55 Voldemort

Voldemort
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 10:06 PM

I think the name Voldemort looks and sounds fun, and I've always liked the Harry Potter books (hey, it kinda gets thrust upon you when you're a kid who looks like you imagined Harry Potter before the movies came out).

I also use YodaOfDarkness - I made it back when I played an online game, and it's stuck ever since. Yoda is my favorite character from Star Wars, and I've always liked the concept of an evil version of Yoda...

#56 fert

fert
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 02:40 AM

ferret

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Gentoo Linux 2007.0 Firefox 2

#57 TheFilmGod

TheFilmGod
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,941 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:04 AM

TheFilmGod-

I'm a movie buff. So when I was looking into getting a domain for my website I found "TheFilmGod.com" I ended up choosing it and so I'm here!
The future is here.

#58 cmgmyr

cmgmyr
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:56 AM

mine is pretty simple - first initial, middle initial, and last name...i know, so original

I also go by: ANGSTDRM (like my AIM) This was from when I was in the band "ANGST" and I was the drummer :)

#59 rtpmatt

rtpmatt
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 41 posts
  • Locationmtz

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:20 AM

Mine could/does mean many things, my name is matt, then the RTP:
random thought process
really tight person
rough trouser pants
round table pizza
really tame pion
etc...etc...

the first is what i usually go by though

#60 hcdarkmage

hcdarkmage
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSt. George, UT

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:01 PM

My story starts when I was about 19.  I was totally into the Mobile Suit Gundam series and used to us Gundam names in all forums I entered (which was, maybe, one forum).  Then came HALO.  Both for the Xbox and PC, my brothers and I decided that we would start a clan for battling on the PC version, but we didn't want to use Gundam names.

We decided to start with the elements; earth, wind, fire and water.  I, being the oldest, chose fire.  My youngest brother chose wind, and my other brother (middle child) chose earth.  Well we couldn't go through the game as Earth, Wind and Fire (band reference pun intended), so we placed the HC in front of the names.  All recruits under us would have a form of the element in their tag, plus the HC.

Bringing into the fray, one friend to take over Water, there was a lot of fighting amongst the clan.  The middle brother wanted Fire, the friend wanted Earth, and I wanted to shut them both up.

HALO 2 was released, me and my youngest brother being avid online players, decided to go against the clan and start naming our characters different things.  With Xbox Live in the mix, what we named our Master Chiefs in the game, didn't matter online, just the gamer tag.

I found it easier when I started to find great forums, to keep the HC in front of the name that I chose.  It stemmed off from there.  It started as HCFireKnight, then my brother decided to call himself DragonTamer.  Being as that I had a want to be more powerful, I started to go with the magician titles.

And thus came HCDarkMage.

A little lengthy explanation, but it is the way it started.  I still have an email address that reflects my youthful liking of the Gundam series.  Tastes change, and so do names.
Stupid fat fiungers.
01000101-01101100-00100000-01000011-01100001-01110010-01100100-01101111-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users