The story behind your username...

Guest kilbad

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote author=TheFilmGod link=topic=106377.msg908175#msg908175 date=1212857210]
[quote author=O link=topic=106377.msg907452#msg907452 date=1212765096]
My name is the sound women make when they see me...
[/quote]

lol! - Isn't there a problem with the forum/registration if it allows user names with just one letter?
[/quote]

Apparently we don't care.  Or maybe he used some international characters to circumvent the length check or something.  I personally don't really see the harm in it, but that's just me.  LOL maybe I should change his user name to "Ohface"

Mine was because I'm kind of a hopeless romantic and nothing seemed to be working in that department for me so I decided I'm not the one who's hopeless, romance itself is hopeless and so I used to post everywhere as hopelessXromance. But then I got too lazy to type it all and cut it to hopelessX. Its more fitting now since it includes all aspects of my life :P

And Pee Ess. I've been with my girlfriend for almost a year and it seems to be going good still (knock on virtual wood) so maybe I'm not hopeless afterall! :P

I just finished watching a kung fu movie that night, and i called me PHPsensei. No one can mess with the sensei...... no one. ever. no. stop. no one. just nobody.... not even chuck norris. Okay! maybe he can, but no one else.  8)

edit: The user above me, you are hopeless, I thought your name was Hopeless Sex, because having sex was hopeless?

It started in my sophomore year. If you don't know, "sophomore" means Wise Fool in Greek. I thought of the magic 8ball, and how well "foolish wisdom" correlates to it. I never really used it that much back then though, but I liked to think of myself as being older than I was back then. :P

It was when I started playing FPS's like UT2003 and CoD, that I needed a silly little name to put on the scoreboards. I tried many, only two stuck: Nascosto8 (nascosto is "hidden" in italian) and 8ball.

Everyone who knows me in game knows "hidden" is faaar from my play style, and I was so good at FPS's they told me 8ball suited me better. I asked why, and they said: "bank the 8ball and you lose instantly". 5 years later, no one wants to play with me XDDD.

Well, I actually made this username up before the movie "Dark Water" came out, if that's where anyone thought it came from.  I joined this forum for a game and I needed a username, and I was drinking iced tea, and I was thinking "Oh hey that looks like dark water..." because there must have been a lot of iced tea mix in it or something.  And so that was my username on that thing, and I've been using it for almost everything I sign up for.  The other one that I use is Serpent____.  SerpentSword (another username on a game), SerpentScars (my hotmail address), etc. =P

And that's where my username came from.

I found out mine when i was thinking of an aim name. I had an asian friend and a mexican trying to help me make 1. And since we were all different race's they thought.. Hmm white... your a boy... and yoiur name is kyle.. so whiteboikyle but then they added 69 to the end of it.. so my aim is whiteboikyle69 lol.. But whiteboikyle sounds kinda better without the 69 :)

Mine is sorta boring.  Kate is my first name & Rose is my middle name.  I never thought about it but I really don't like roses much.  Roses are kinda cliche.  I vastly prefer sunflowers.  I am pretty much a tomboy & I don't go in for much girly stuff. 

K-

Mine was my nickname when I was in the army. I would always make jokes that I was too fragile to do (x) as I was in the Infantry because I was Jewish so one day a friend of mine starts calling me, G.I. Jew - The Greatest American Hebrew. It stuck.

[quote author=gijew link=topic=106377.msg921334#msg921334 date=1214279447]
Mine was my nickname when I was in the army. I would always make jokes that I was too fragile to do (x) as I was in the Infantry because I was Jewish so one day a friend of mine starts calling me, G.I. Jew - The Greatest American Hebrew. It stuck.
[/quote]

HAHAHA

When I was thirteen, I was making a website. I couldn't decide on a domain name because so many were taken...This was five years ago and name choosing wasn't something I was good at back then.

Anyhow, I somehow came up with the-rise.co.uk and had that site up until a year ago.

I also created the username the_rise on Neopets. People just started calling me Rise. So, I had my internet pseudonym on Neopets WAY before it was cool to use a pseudonym. I started calling myself Rise anywhere online. Then, that account got frozen, and many Neopets accounts after that. I eventually ran out of username ideas, as most were taken. So, I thought of Riseykins, and used that. I also took Risey. So now on websites, I always go for Riseykins, 'cause it's never, ever taken! It was taken on one site, but it turned out that it was me anyhow and I'd registered and forgotten. So, I got my account back. Etsy, that was.

Mucho uninteresting. :D

• 3 weeks later...
[quote author=cgm225 link=topic=106377.msg934794#msg934794 date=1215689782]
I hate when people surround their username with X's, like XXXcgm225XXX    what is with that?
[/quote]

I see non-English (native) people do that a lot...  Not sure why.  Then again, I see a lot of people I know irl do that.  But ingame, I've noticed a lot of non-English native people do it.

"Riseykins" sounds British.  Not sure why.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.