php security in forms

fixxxer

hi,

Ive now finsihed my first site and ive turned my attention to security, im corcerned i have a lot of forms and i use FCKeditor which creates html output.

My concern  are that in these forms can somone execute a php instruction that cause me problems. how do i prevent a malicious user doning damage to my site with a php instruction.

Also what damage could somone do with in a text box.

thanks for any help that can be offered.

thanks for replying.

i think got my question wrong. sorry.

im aware of what the post data comes out like it was more a question in general about security for example ive got a text area on my form, how susceptable am i to an attack and what information could someone get from my site if they had an text area to type into.

i was also wonddering if theres a way to filer out a statement such as <?php //code ?>.

im not sure if im being paranoid about security buot just want to protect my site in the other forms im fine i use strip_tags on all my one line text inputs just not sure what to do with textarea and how to make it safe while still allow html also can javascript be entered into one of those boxes.
any help again would be appreciated

thanks for that, they are exactly what im looking, hate to be a pain but just something im wondering, if i didn''t use one of those functions (im am going to. lol) but what would a person be able to do on my site, would they be able to gain access to sensitive information etc.. or could they only do pretty harmless things.

this is just to satisfy my curiousity. again thanks for help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.