Exporting/Importing mysql data using PHPmyadmin

waynewex

I'm seriously stuck here. I have to transfer a large enough database (60MB) from one server to the next. I've succeeded in exporting/importing the table structure. I've also succeeded in transfering data from the smaller tables over. However, the bigger tables have been causing a problem. I managed to get one of the large (7MB tables) over onto the new server. Yet for some reason, I can't get all of the rows in a 4MB table over. It seems like it's not taking them. I even exported one of the rows that was excluded and it still didn't work. One table is 50MB or so. Everytime I go to import that, it takes ages, only for phpmyadmin to show nothing. I then check and find out that nothing has been imported. I obviously can't copy and paste the SQL, so I've been going the zipper SQL file route.

Since PHPmyadmin is just a php script, it is subject to the same upload file size, memory limit, and execution time limit settings and restrictions as any other php script.

Do you have external/remote access to the database server(s) so that you could use a tool like the Mysql Administrator to perform the backup/restore? http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/5.2.html

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.