Please test my reminder site.

Zagga

Hi folks.

I have just finished writing an event reminder site that basically sends you emails to remind you of things like birthdays.  I have tested it as much as I can and it all seems to work fine, so I thought I would ask for a few more people to have a go.

Its all written in PHP (with a tiny splash of javascript), uses a MySQL database and validates as XHTML 1.0 Strict.

Could you please try it out, create an account and see if everything works?  Comments on design and safety would also be greatly appreciated.

The site is:

http://www.trm.ukjester.com

The phpfreaks file can be found here:

http://www.trm.ukjester.com/phpfreaks.txt

Thanks

Zagga (ukjester)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for checking the site (I had actually forgotten I submitted to this site, it was months ago :)

kelliethile - I take your point about the simple (bright) design.  I am just finishing the functionality of the site then I'll look into the visual side.

ignace - I take it you don't like the design either :)  I would welcome any suggestions you have as my design skills obviously aren't my strong point!

Zagga

everything works like it should.

kelliethile, I have just noticed that the event you added has entered the date into the database in a very strange format, that I can't seem to replicate.

Can I ask what browser you are using and how you entered the date (did the calendar javascript work?, did you edit the event once you had entered it? etc).

Zagga

ignace - I take it you don't like the design either :)  I would welcome any suggestions you have as my design skills obviously aren't my strong point!

Like yourself I am a developer and not a designer and I usually create a wire-frame or mock-up before I get to the coding plus this is no excuse for your color scheme.

Anyway here's my take:

thatremindsmemockupv1.png

I threw this together using mockflow.com now that I am taking a second look I can spot a few errors in this design Add & Save are confusing for example and Save would probably be best to be put under the to-do list to avoid this.

Again this proves the flexibility of wire-framing I threw it together in like 20 seconds I review it, and correct any error's I found for a total of 30 seconds. Think you can do that to in Photoshop- or a HTML document?

I may extend this further and identify them as steps

1. Start adding events to your calender

2. Press Save to store the events and create an account

ok, I have switched to an eye friendly, black on white colour scheme.  This is just a temporary measure until I decide on a suitable colour scheme.  It's mainly so I don't abuse my testers eyes :o

ignace, thanks for the link for MockFlow.  I have downloaded it and will have a play about to see if I can come up with a slightly nicer design.  Thanks for the advice.

Zagga

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.