Youtube video clips site - Reviews please

magnetica

Hi All

I have a website that is simply the best youtube videos. My main keywords are youtube videos, video clips and funny video clips.

The aim of the site is to link to only the best quality content off of youtube.

The site is at http://www.youtubevideocentral.com/

If you have any time, take a look and comment on anything you see right and wrong.

Thanks

PS. On a side note, what would be good link bait with this type of site?

its too simple and not centered. that gray needs to be white or a darker gray, i can barely tell that its there. You might also put in some red color. People will associate it with youtube.

take away the link that links to a better site. Not a good idea if you are  trying to grow

the background color for your body/"Youtube Video clips"  is e9e9e9 and your content bg color is white. They are too close. Can barely see it.

and the best of youtube site appears to be the exact same thing. If i were a user, once i discovered they're site, i would never type your site into the browser again because they have way more video's than you. They also have a video rating system and many other features you don't have (unless you plan to develop them).

Also your banner is far to simple and unclean looking. With too much stuff, looks like someone made it who doesn't know how to create graphics. You should also have your url in there instead of Youtube Video clips

i feel like there is away too much weight on the left side, like my computer is about to tip over lol... i would work on i logo if i was you and a better navigation bar.

how did you code all that stuff on the right side of the video. does youtube have an api or something

Ok people thanks for the tips. Btw no i'm not very good at graphics but I will have to work on it.

i feel like there is away too much weight on the left side, like my computer is about to tip over lol

<---- LOL

how did you code all that stuff on the right side of the video

^^If you mean the post date and the voting system which in fact i do have(must be hard to see). But anyway youtube do have a api, use it using Zend

Regards

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.