Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bob_the _builder

php popup window

Hi,

Is it posible to make a popup window that will resize to the image size + room for the desciption using php without any javascript?

The description is stored in the database and the image name+extension is stored in the database with the images in a folder on the server.

Thanks

PHP cannot create popup windows. If you want to create a popup window you'll have to use javascript

reword I think:

Have it so you click on a link and have it open the image in a new window (popup effect), then using php have it resize the browser to the image size + enough to show the descripton and a link to close the window.

Thanks

PHP cannot resized the browser. PHP cannot do anything to the clients browser window like javascript can. You open a new window with normal html when you click a link. Use [b]target="_blank"[/b] in your anchor tag, eg:
[code]<a href="http://google" target="_blank">Google</a>[/code]

What you are aksing is not possible with PHP AFAIK. The only option is javascript if you want to resize the browser window, create a popup etc.

Ok,

I have some javascript at presant that works, But I cant make it allow room for the image description and a close window link, It all ends up hidden behind the image.

I am going to move this to the javascript help forum as this has nothing to do with PHP.

I think I get what you mean. You want PHP to read the image size, and then pass it to the Javascript popup code so that the popup will be the right size?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.