PM's

Private Message System has been re-enabled, but only Moderators and Admins can send Privates Messages.  This will provide a way for the Moderators to communicate in private with any one member.

^this is false so whats the deal with the false statement here?(fact I can PM users)

[quote author=steelmanronald06 link=topic=106580.msg427264#msg427264 date=1157310912]
I do believe that the problem is now fixed. Can anyone verify that they cannot send/reply to PM's?

NOTE:  Admins and Moderators are exempt from this; they can still send PM's
[/quote]
Steelman I cannot send PMs :( I dont think anyone can.

ober I got your PM, couldnt reply though. No buttons to reply/quote etc. If I click Outbox link I get the 'You are not allowed to send personal messages.' Or if I click the 'New Message' link I get the same result.

EDIT: I looked at the permissions I have by clicking the [url=http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=17232;sa=showPermissions]Show Permissions[/url] link and I found this:
[quote][s]pm_send[/s]
Send personal messages [color=red]Denied by:[/color] Super Guru[/quote]
Looks like I'm part of the Super Guru member group, but am masked as a moderator.

Also its not just me thats effected, Its all of the moderators! However some moderators are asisgned to different member groups.

I found out why, I went into AdminCP. I was allowed access with my password BTW. I went to look at the permissions and found that you have the Send PM setting set to Deny. If this happens any moderator in that group will have that permission removed. Prehaps set it to Disallow. This si what the contorl panel says about the Deny permission:
[quote=AdminCP Permissions]Remember that if you deny a permission, any member - whether moderator or otherwise - that is in that group will be denied that as well.
For this reason, you should use deny carefully, only when necessary. Disallow, on the other hand, denies unless otherwise granted.[/quote]
The Deny permission doesnt affect Admins.

I havn't changed anythink in the AdminCP. Just browsed the permissions.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.