Include Trouble

TapeGun007

I am using includes in the main directory.  But when I call those includes in a sub folder ("admin" in this case), they simply do not work regardless of all the methods I've tried.

Here is the path to root: \\boswinfs01\home\users\web\b406\ez.nancyholston

I do this:

<?php include "\\boswinfs01\home\users\web\b406\ez.nancyholston\components\Header.php" ?>

I get this error:

Warning: main(\boswinfs01\home\users\web\b406\ez.nancyholston\components\Header.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \\boswinfs01\home\users\web\b406\ez.nancyholston\_fr\admin\menu_members.php on line 1

I've tried this as well

include $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/components\Header.php"

But I get the same error.

I've always programmed in ASP.  I read that Windows servers base the path on the folder you are in, whereas Linux will base it on the root.

Anyway, I'm sure there is a simple fix.

Thanks

I cut and pasted your exact line, I get this error:

Warning: main(\\boswinfs01\home\users\web\b406\ez.nancyholston\components\Header.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \\boswinfs01\home\users\web\b406\ez.nancyholston\_fr\admin\menu_members.php on line 1

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '\\boswinfs01\home\users\web\b406\ez.nancyholston\components\Header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php\4\pear') in \\boswinfs01\home\users\web\b406\ez.nancyholston\_fr\admin\menu_members.php on line 1

Members Menu:

Again, the include file is here:

\\boswinfs01\home\users\web\b406\ez.nancyholston\components\Header.php

The file calling the include is here:

\\boswinfs01\home\users\web\b406\ez.nancyholston\admin\menu.php

I've already tried both of those, I get this with BOTH:

Warning: main(\components\Header.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \\boswinfs01\home\users\web\b406\ez.nancyholston\_fr\admin\menu_members.php on line 1

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '\components\Header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php\4\pear') in \\boswinfs01\home\users\web\b406\ez.nancyholston\_fr\admin\menu_members.php on line 1

when this happens to me, I usually have forgotten something in the path. This is the main reason I use $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] when I cannot use relative paths.

include ($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/phpTest/components/Header.php');

Of course change the phpTest to the correct folder.

Oh, just as a test run open a php file with this in it:

echo $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'];

It will insure that everything is as expected (and not changed through the server ini file).

Ok, the echo $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']; give me this:

\\\\boswinfs01\\home\\users\\web\\b406\\ez.nancyholston

I tried all these:

<?php include ($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '\\components\\Header.php'); ?>
<?php include ($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '\components\Header.php'); ?>
<?php include ($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/components/Header.php'); ?>

I get this error:

Warning: main(\\\\boswinfs01\\home\\users\\web\\b406\\ez.nancyholston\components\Header.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \\boswinfs01\home\users\web\b406\ez.nancyholston\_fr\admin\menu_members.php on line 1

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '\\\\boswinfs01\\home\\users\\web\\b406\\ez.nancyholston\components\Header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php\4\pear') in \\boswinfs01\home\users\web\b406\ez.nancyholston\_fr\admin\menu_members.php on line 1

Oh man, it just dawned on me... and now I feel very stupid.

It's a sub domain, and there was one additional folder that I left out of the string, because it doesn't exist in the URL.

Even the first example basically works now, sorry guys, and thank you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.