embedding audio data fread prob

nadeemshafi9

hi again

i am having trouble readin my audio data to place it into a db here is the code in question

here is the form that i use

[code] <form action="add_audio.php" method="post" name="frmdetails" enctype="multipart/form-data">
audio
<input name="fileaudio" type="file" accept="audio/basic">
<br>
<input name="submit" type="submit" value="Submit">
</form>[/code]

here is the troubled code

[code] $audiodata = $_FILES['fileaudio']['tmp_name'];
$audiodata = addslashes(fread(fopen($audiodata, "r"), filesize($audiodata)));[/code]

the prob occurs here the error is, [quote]PHP Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\audio_test\add_audio.php on line 20 [/quote]

thanx very much for any help

$audiodata = $_FILES['fileaudio']['tmp_name'];
$fopen=fopen($audiodata, "r");
$size=filesize($audiodata);
$fread=fread($fopen, $size);
$audiodata = addslashes($fread);

try that... not tested.. but i think it's mainly because of the functions working inside a function and reading the file at same time as checking it...

ok i tryed that know its still having a prob with fread due to fopen, the same error (not a valid stream resource), the file is infact an mp3 file, and in the form iv speccified basic audio, and multipart form data.

there seems to be a loss in the file post,

thancks for any further assistance.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.