ip address and location

stuckwithcode

There are always free ways per say I remember seeing some on my travels so to speak looking for other stuff. But the issue is as is with anything. "You get what you pay for" most IP to location services are not opensource and even if they are there databases aren't. Cause the data pool for all the countries in all the world, the service hubs in the area's the ever going online community and so on theres a lot of date to check for integrity, a lot of bandwidth to be used whilst doing checks and so on. However I have heard of scripts that are starting to surface that seem to be using something from google and their maps that does location on the fly (i think) maybe you can look into something like that as I can't picture google charging for anything.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.