Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ataria

Coding a layout.

You can't really code html, since you cannot store them into what you can call a "variable" in CSS you can via classes, which you can use over and over again =)

Definitely CSS.  This allows your page to flow wonderfully for that small percentage of people who don't and cannot use CSS due to some sort of handicap or just personal preference.  Also, this is great for cell phone accessability.  You must also be sure, of course, to use correct semantics in you html tags. 

Good, clean, logical html looks great and is very easy to maintain.

There is not enough bandwidth in whole world to list all the reasons why you shoudl stick to semantic html, css and the DOM

[quote author=ToonMariner link=topic=106642.msg427740#msg427740 date=1157379220]
There is not enough bandwidth in whole world to list all the reasons why you shoudl stick to semantic html, css and the DOM
[/quote]

... but someone is sure to try :)

I don't get what you mean... you can't use CSS alone, so you would need to use CSS [i]with[/i] HTML or HTML alone.

I use CSS [i]with[/i] HTML

I use CSS with HTML

yeah.. We all do.
but, for HTML, i meant, like, cutting it up into peices and making a table.

Modus Operandi:
Semantic, Tableless, Valid, Strict Doctype HTML and CSS build on PHP with unobtrusive DOM.

Exceptions:
Tables for data and information relationships, and
3rd Party Application integrations where core files have hard coded garbage.

You'd be amazed that all cross-browser issues vanish entirely when you don't use CSS for layout.

I generally create the page in HTML with tables, then format everything using CSS.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.