Ping-O-Matic main function?

mr_zhang

Hi there,

I've read the faq but I can't find the newbie section so I posted here. I've also can't find this on the search result.

This is related to Blog and Ping stuff. If you are not familiar with blog I will explain it further below.

Here's the situation. I have some blogs on blogger.com. I want to try to automate the posting and ping-ing from Cron. So far I've been able to set up the automatic post. I'm looking for the automatic ping.

I've looked at the "Update Service" from WordPress. http://codex.wordpress.org/Update_Services

It seems that I only provide a list of urls of those ping services and WordPress will ping them automatically every time I click the "publish" button. However, Blogger doesn't allow additional script on it. I've also look at www.ping-o-matic.com. It enables me to ping those websites while entering my blog domain.

I'm looking a way to get the script from WordPress of that pings with no success and I have no idea how ping-o-matic can do that. When I run the url from the list above, it returns error or nothing at all. So I guess I can't just "run" the urls from a script.

Ping-o-matic similar script is what I need. Can somebody provide me with a partial script (the main function) that can function similar to ping-o-matic?

For those of you who are not comfortable to blog...

I'm looking a way to do www.ping-o-matic.com function from a script but with my own list of websites. The list can be found at http://codex.wordpress.org/Update_Services.

I've tried to run the urls from browser and it got errors, so I guess we can't just "run" them from a script. I'm trying to "look" the code of WordPress, but I'm not that advanced to be able to "see" the important part that run this function.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

This should be all you need to ping the addresses..

[code]
<?php
exec("ping 192.168.1.1",$out);
echo "<pre>"; print_r($out); echo "</pre>";
?>
[/code]

just change the ip address to the web address..  code thanks to the search function -- provided originally by SemiApocolyptic

Hi Radar,

I don't think this will work.

If I'm not mistaken, I've reconfirm by going to PHP.net, the exec() will only simulate the typing on the web browser's address bar. The problems:

1. All the pings will return errors. You can try that by yourself. The list of websites to be ping-ed is at: http://codex.wordpress.org/Update_Services

2. If I do that, the sender of the ping will be my hosting(the place I put the script). I want the blogger addresses to become the sender. Not my hosting.

It's not similar to www.ping-o-matic.com

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.